Old Peugeot Boxer unknown item under bonnet

All I can find on Google is "other sensor"

Find a way of fixing it in place and tidy the wire.

Whaler make thermostats and gas recirculating valves. It might well be a sensor that has fallen off or been removed from some part of the engine or exhaust system. If you can’t find somewhere which lines up with the mounting holes, within range of the wiring, you might get help from one of their agents or a Peugeot garage.

It’s probably a sensor linked to the egr valve, which is unreliable on that engine and easily blanked off.

It does look like something that detects a change in pressure. It has no mechanical connection to anything else as far as I can see but I can't see any sign of where it should go. The engine runs fine. I am thinking the air inside it causes a change in resistance which is sent down the wire to the ECU perhaps.

I am inclined to agree with @2cv and that it could be part of an EGR valve. If it is it might get picked up at MOT time now that they check emissions more carefully but perhaps not.

Parking sensor on an old Pug van 😀😀
Part listed on loads of sites but no real details.

Parking sensor on an old Pug van 😀😀
Part listed on loads of sites but no real details.
I didn't say it was a parking sensor, I posted what it was listed under on the website I linked to and a lot of other sites, no English ones though but I will leave it to you experts

Seems to be a temperature sensor.
maybe to turn the engine fan on. Maybe non-essentila in UK when moving
Could be only needed if stuck in traffic

After much searching love this game we are playing of spot the part.

Conclusion crash valve, switches fuel pump switch of kills engine .on inpact .
No idea really just a wild punt.

Seems to be a temperature sensor.
maybe to turn the engine fan on. Maybe non-essentila in UK when moving
Could be only needed if stuck in traffic
It's not a temp switch for the fans on the radiator, I replaced that switch a while ago and it fits in the bottom lh corner of the radiator.
I still don't know what it is for certain but it does seem to be part of the EGR system.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back