OMG A WEEK TODAY, WE WILL BE FRANCE ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 2309
  • Start date

Deleted member 2309

France 1 week tomorrow - for 4 weeks????

Our shuttle is booked for 17th July at 9.50am on Wednesday morning ?

1st Question
Where to stop in Folkestone ?
Last time, we stopped on a campsite, £20 a night, admittedly there were six of us but don’t want to pay that much for 2 for a few hours and very little electric used. - suggestions please.
  • Second Question
  • can you recommend any stop overs on the the way down to Vendee please.
  • Allowing for delays, we should arrive in Calais between 11.30 & 12pm French time.
  • In the past we have blasted down the toll road. To get to our destination for the kids. ( very expensive) This time we would like to avoid the expensive toll road if possible but still be there in about 2-3 days - the campsite we have used in the past in Vendee is https://www.chadotel.com/en/camping/vendee/bretignolles-sur-mer/camping-la-trevilliere
  • It is a great site for all ? but I would like a smaller site, closer to a dog friendly beach if possible. Does anyone have any ideas please x
After a week in Vendee I have no idea where we/ life will take us, although I do know we would love to travel through the Pyrenees into Spain to see Robs Brother. - having said that I think it’s a massive drive to his house in the hills ☹
But if any of you have some travel/stories through the Pyrenees I would love to hear/see them x
  • Many thanks in advance
  • Alison & Rob. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Rob wants to be closer than 12 miles away but I’ll check.
Thank you.

Why not when your stopping so close to the tunnel don,t you continue on thru it and overnite at City Europe and you,ve gained a day

1st Question
Last time, we stopped on a campsite, £20 a night, admittedly there were six of us but don’t want to pay that much for 2 for a few hours and very little electric used. - suggestions please.
  • Second Question
  • Allowing for delays, we should arrive in Calais between 11.30 & 12pm French time.
  • In the past we have blasted down the toll road. To get to our destination for the kids. ( very expensive) This time we would like to avoid the expensive toll road if possible but still be there in about 2-3 days - the campsite we have used in the past in Vendee is https://www.chadotel.com/en/camping/vendee/bretignolles-sur-mer/camping-la-trevilliere
  • It is a great site for all ? but I would like a smaller site, closer to a dog friendly beach if possible. Does anyone have any ideas please x
After a week in Vendee I have no idea where we/ life will take us, although I do know we would love to travel through the Pyrenees into Spain to see Robs Brother. - having said that I think it’s a massive drive to his house in the hills ☹
But if any of you have some travel/stories through the Pyrenees I would love to hear/see them x
  • Many thanks in advance
  • Alison & Rob. ??
camper contact, try them out its an app

Why not when your stopping so close to the tunnel don,t you continue on thru it and overnite at City Europe and you,ve gained a day
We thought we would have some of that but when we arrived to check in early they wanted 168 pounds , told them to stick it and went to Dover for a couple of hours

L
We thought we would have some of that but when we arrived to check in early they wanted 168 pounds , told them to stick it and went to Dover for a couple of hours
I never mentioned turning up early their bound to want extra if you arrive early and that train is higher priced than what you booked if not everyone would book a cheap crossing an turn up for a more expensive one what did you expect

L

I never mentioned turning up early their bound to want extra if you arrive early and that train is higher priced than what you booked if not everyone would book a cheap crossing an turn up for a more expensive one what did you expect
I never said it was you who told us to arrive early , if you take the time to read the post then you won't jump to conclusions

I never said it was you who told us to arrive early , if you take the time to read the post then you won't jump to conclusions
I never jumped to any conclusion. My answer was to Tel Truck who started the thread suggesting they travel thru instead of stopping this side. No mention of arriving early You brought up arriving early How you could expect to book a cheap slot then turn up early and get on a more expensive one amazes me it only happens if both trains are in the same price band

For your information I was warning Tel Truck NOT to arrive too early to try and gain some extra time in France as they are keen atm and charging for earlier crossings . How is he going to gain a Day if he goes over on his booking time ? Unless he is Dr who . And BTW my crossings was not a cheap booking slot

Hi Rob,
Just wondered how much the shuttle cost.
We always go on the boat, as it seems to be loads cheaper.
Regards,
Paul

1st Question
  • Second Question
  • Many thanks in advance
  • Alison & Rob. ??
Canterbury P N R £7 2 days one night is how it works easy drive to the tunnel no hassle and stay on Cite de Europe aire free on arrival great way to unwind .

Apologies to all,
We had a fantastic holiday with a few lumps, thumps and bumps along the way😕
& a very big unexpected wow!! - which is not sorted yet ☹️😀
While we were away (first week of our holiday)
we put an offer in, on a bungalow, very close to where we live 🙂
It was not planned but we still put an offer on it, even though we were in France 😕🤪

Dear Admin my Husband received an email from you saying you had cancelled our direct debit for our subscription - is it a scam?

I certainly hope not.
There’s a bunch of really weird people on here. But they are almost all, good at heart.
When admin realises you haven’t paid, he will send the heavies around. Depending where you live, best hope it’s not York Lass or Molly3.
Oh! Almost forgot,
😂 Lol 😎😇
Be thankful you got a few weeks free.

Dear Admin my Husband received an email from you saying you had cancelled our direct debit for our subscription - is it a scam?

No I am not admin, but in reply to your question, Phil has changed the operating hardware the site uses and so he has had to cancel all of the automatic renewal subscriptions and you will be receiving a reminder email when your individual membership is up for renewal.

Many thanks in advance Alison & Rob. ??

In response to your question in particular with regards to when you get over to France.

If it isn't too late to do so, buy yourself both the North & South editions of these https://www.vicarious-shop.com/coll...l-the-aires-france-north-and-south-3-together it will be the best £26 you have ever spent.

I never use the toll roads with the exception of the first bit south from Calais as far as Abbeville and from then on we take to the N or similar roads which are almost all in superb condition and we stop off at small comune villages on Aires in whichever direction we are travelling.

Last year we did a 6 week tour with the mindset to only stop over at FREE Aires and were amazed at the quality of most of them, including some with FREE electricity, water and even showers!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back