One For The Motorcyclists

oppy

Wow, thanks for that, you can almost smell the Castrol R 30s, and Mike the bike on an NSU 250. And the protection too, all those triple skinned leathers with EU regulated protection and full face helmets too--wow, I think not. When I started going out with Sue I had a sprung hub 500 trumpet, but no crash 'at and her mum said "she's not going on that", so I used to park a little way away and walk to pick her up, but I got her a puddin basin. It was an ex GPO cork / leather clad one (it's still in the loft too) for 4/- at the 10/10 in Longsight. It was still fun watching her climbing on with tight skirt and sussies too
Oh happy days

trevskoda

They dont start at portstewart any longer but back on halfway the track at just past juniper hill,i have bikes here sold by bob mcintyre ,also no longer go through the port but turn left coming in on the new line.
Those were the last few years of m nortons and soon you could buy them for £40 a pop once the jap bikes came here with there new strokers and honda 4 strokes.

trevskoda

Hells bells went to download but found it was google spyware imbedded,so i will try screen capture.

StreetSleeper

Where it all started for me. Bought my first moped when I was 14 and never been without a motorbike since. I would love to say it was the sound of the Norton, the looks of the Bonneville but, unfortunately, it was this film........well it wasn't even the film, it was the poster. I'm sure many of us had it hanging on our bedroom walls.

Rae

Edina

Where it all started for me. Bought my first moped when I was 14 and never been without a motorbike since. I would love to say it was the sound of the Norton, the looks of the Bonneville but, unfortunately, it was this film........well it wasn't even the film, it was the poster. I'm sure many of us had it hanging on our bedroom walls.

Rae
Similar story for me Rae :LOL:

Northumborman

Had a great day at the Orkney Classic Vehicle Show in Kirkwall. Wall to wall sunshine and interested visitors. Tomorrow is a chance to ride around the parade ring. :cool: 48211

StreetSleeper

Hello Chris,
Unfortunately I remember that record very well but the other side was far better.
Just to prove I'm not biased here's a couple of records that mention the best motorcycle manufacturer in the world.

Rae

StreetSleeper

Had a great day at the Orkney Classic Vehicle Show
Looks like a good turnout. Ann & myself used to do a lot of these shows on my BSA and then we went over to classic motorhomes. When my BSA's finished being restored I'm hoping to get back into the scene once more.

Rae

StreetSleeper

Name that tool.
Now if you recognise it don't post what it is just put down what make of motorcycle it's made for; either BSA, Norton or Triumph and let's see what results we get. I will post the answer next Sunday.

Rae

Northumborman

Name that tool.
Now if you recognise it don't post what it is just put down what make of motorcycle it's made for; either BSA, Norton or Triumph and let's see what results we get. I will post the answer next Sunday.

View attachment 48422

Rae
I used something very similar on my BSA Super Rocket?

Northumborman

Name that tool.

View attachment 48422

Rae
I used something very similar on my BSA Super Rocket?

Vanterrier

As used on my 1959 BSA A10 Golden Flash... Still have it ( the tool, not the bike sadly)

Ah... The good old days when a toolkit comprised a screwdriver, pliers, and cigarette paper for setting the points on the magneto... Swing that lamp ;)

Nostalgia is not what it used to be... :)

K

StreetSleeper

Name That Tool
Everybody of a certain age who owned a British bike should know what these are.

Rae