One For The Motorcyclists

Pugwash69

This is my modern classic. 20 years old now and still runs perfectly. I put some lippy on her a few years back to make her look younger.
When these were first launched I wanted one. It took me about 10 years to get one.

StreetSleeper

Nice piece of kit, how did you get on with that saddle? I fitted one to my GT550, took ages to break it in but eventually found it quite comfortable.

Rae

Pugwash69

On my first one I bought a very nice Gel saddle so moved it to this one when I bought it. It's very comfy!

SimonM

This is my modern classic. 20 years old now and still runs perfectly. I put some lippy on her a few years back to make her look younger.
When these were first launched I wanted one. It took me about 10 years to get one.

View attachment 50594
I had my first Bird when they came out, then a flock of Busas. And now I’ve got one of each. Both showroom condition and each over 20 years old. are you on the Bird site?F53CDC5C-D4C4-4EC4-9017-46E88343A361.jpeg

StreetSleeper

Yes Simon, you have been told. In fact, I posted the YouTube thread of the guy who makes them, starting his one up; to say I was impressed would be a severe understatement.

Rae

StreetSleeper

Rusty bolt Rae? Unlike you! Foot rest bolt .... make a new one later

Trotter

Where did it all go wrong? Take a look in the bottom right hand corner. Blue Anglia , Bantam, and then, in red, where it did go wrong. A piece of kit that didn’t need special fuel oil mix , didn’t leak oil, and started first time, every time. Oh, and at night you could see where you were going.
It’ll never catch on . Do me a favour.