One For The Motorcyclists

Pudsey Bear

I used to do a lot of bike frames and bits,frame £35 tank and panels including m gaurds £150 with epoxy prim and poly two pack after shotblasting,never use powder for anything which goes out side ,plus it cannot be touched up,good for bar stool legs etc.
This is brother inlaws bike i did from a box of bits.reas bike looks the bogs dollocks.View attachment 52104
I do wish people would stop confusing powder coating with plastic coating, they are vastly different.

Carrerasax

Anyone carry a lambretta on a rack or are they too heavy!!!

trevskoda

I do wish people would stop confusing powder coating with plastic coating, they are vastly different.
Correct,the later is used on dish holders in kitchens,powder was used for car bumpers and wheels as a semi trained monkey can be taught to do the job,seen it all had the T shirt.

Pudsey Bear

A friend of mine started this business, another friend and I bought him out and a long time later I let myself be bought out to try other ventures, it is still going stronger than ever under the same ownership.

And this is me with my restored Guzzi V7

Guzzi copy of magazine article, Me outside Triple S with Rebuit Guzzi 1993.jpg

2cv

trevskoda

A friend of mine started this business, another friend and I bought him out and a long time later I let myself be bought out to try other ventures, it is still going stronger than ever under the same ownership.

And this is me with my restored Guzzi V7

View attachment 52278
Cannot be touched up ,one we crack in the coating and all hell breaks loss,epoxy zink rich primer self heals and a poly 2 pack can be touched up when required,here is one i did .pats suzy.jpg

Pudsey Bear

Cannot be touched up ,one we crack in the coating and all hell breaks loss,epoxy zink rich primer self heals and a poly 2 pack can be touched up when required,here is one i did .View attachment 52304
Of course it can be touched up, why would it not be it is only two pack paint in a powder form, the difference being it probably woul never need to if it was applied properly, there is nothing wrong with wet paints other then depth of paint.

StreetSleeper

Wiring nearly finished, one more indicator to fit as the last one didn't work and I had to send off to China for some new ones. I'm using strips of LED that go round the fork legs and the rear shock absorbers rather than sticky out (technical term) indicators; this should be in keeping with the general look of the bike. The starter motor has been checked and works beautifully.

2DA62956-77A9-4B02-8B65-B3D2A81F9E5B.jpeg

If you look to the rear of the battery you can see where a twin coil has been fitted. The mag has been replaced with electronic ignition, also, the dynamo has been replaced with a 12volt alternator.

Rae

Last edited:

Pudsey Bear

Looks pretty :)

What is the other bike I can see on the left, well a bar lever anyhoo.

When the Bessie gets sold I'm pondering on getting a running 70's CB750 to get me back on 2 wheels, not had a bike since 2011.

oppy

Looks pretty :)

What is the other bike I can see on the left, well a bar lever anyhoo.

When the Bessie gets sold I'm pondering on getting a running 70's CB750 to get me back on 2 wheels, not had a bike since 2011.
Be very careful I had a K6, perhaps the most pretty of bikes and it went like stink, sounded wonderful and with that massive solid brake disc, refused to stop if it got even a hint of moisture and probably the most flexible frame since my Commando. That said though, if you are just going to polish it and go for the odd bimble you may well enjoy it--me I hated mine

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)