One For The Motorcyclists

Vanterrier

What tools are you going to carry Rae? I think you might need more than the old screwdriver, pliers, tab paper and magneto spanners ;)
K :very impressed emoji

StreetSleeper

What tools are you going to carry
Very good point. I hope to have eliminated all the usual suspects that could go out of tune: electronic ignition, 12 volt alternator, modern rectifier; that, I think, should sort out the electrics.
Now for the engine: billet oil pump, new rods, hardened seats, s/s valves, new pushrods, not to mention SRM crankshaft conversion where they remove the timing side bush and put a needle/ball roller in it's place and end feed the crankshaft so eliminating any oil starvation. Gearbox has been overhauled, I used a gearbox from the states that had a taller first gear. The clutch is a Triumph one: aluminium basket with aluminium plates, steel centre with steel plates. The crank has also been balanced so, hopefully, it won't cost me a fortune in headlamp bulbs. So engine wise I'm quite confident it should be reliable. Remember when it was in it's standard form as a Gold Flash I used to ride from Scotland to Essex in one hit......I was a lot younger then.
Now getting back to tools: 1/4........5/16th Whitworth spanners, a good adjustable, an allen key, a chain link, roll of black tape; anything else needed I've got a mobile phone.

Rae

GWAYGWAY

I dragged my super-six out of the garage to take some photos today. However, the iMac has other ideas so I cannot show them yet, when I work out where they are stashed I will post them

trevskoda

Of course it can be touched up, why would it not be it is only two pack paint in a powder form, the difference being it probably woul never need to if it was applied properly, there is nothing wrong with wet paints other then depth of paint.
I can get 10th one one coat,many cannot powder correct by not heating the frames in oven first so it comes of around head stock where metal is heavy.

StreetSleeper

No its this one bought new in 1968 for £281.1s 10p,
I used to own a Hustler myself which was classed out of date due to the fact Suzuki had opted for RAM air cooling on their cylinder heads; which, in my opinion, was just a gimmick.

Rae

Trotter

Mike was a bit special wasn’t he. No matter what bike he had under him, he’d get the best of it.
I suppose having a millionaire for a dad helped get him the best bikes early on. But they still had to be ridden, and that’s where the natural talent came out.
Don’t forget, he had the MV’s before Ago, winning four World Championships for them. But a combination of the lure of the Yen, and that the Count wanted an Italian riding for the factory, saw Mike sign for Honda.
What a shock that must have been. More cylinders, more gears , more revs, and a frame with a hinge in the middle.
I met him at Dave Degens shop, Dresden Autos. Where they were trying to build a frame around the 500/4 motor, work was going well, until Mr Honda wondered were one of his engines had gone. The one thing I remember about that evening, was he was more interested in my girlfriend, Judy, than anything else.
I wonder what happened to her. Hope she had a good life.😊

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)