Original V third party

silverweed

What would you do? A number of weeks ago the door of the Hymer was ripped off. Due to present circumstances we are no nearer a repair. The work is going to be done under the insurance. Would you hold out for an original Hymer replacement which I’m supposing will take longer to complete or would you go with a door sourced from I don’t know where to be honest

Given the option and considering the security of your old one, I'd see if a newer design with twin lock points could be sourced and fitted.
Most door apertures are similar in size.
The likes of Magnum or perhaps O'Learys often advertise complete doors with frames, it would then be a straightforward job for any competent repairer to fit the new assembly to your van.

Can the door not be sourced from germany,I recently had a clutch arm break on mini cooper diesel (common fault) main dealer only part contacted BMW dealer in germany part arrived 4 days later.

Hymer quoted a 6 week lead time for the door plus the time to manufacture another door which could be up to another 6 weeks. However the form that Brownhills forwarded to me was in German and when I asked a German friend to translate she had no idea what they were actually asking for. At £5000 for door and framed there was no way I was going to try to take the measurements incase it was wrong. Now it has all just stalled and I told the insurance company to take the van into storage as the insurance has lapsed and they don’t want to reinsure it for the coming year so it’s sitting in a local recovery yard at £15 a day

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back