Oven issue

BigP

Hi was wondering if anyone has got the same issue as me I have a 1997 Peugeot boxer auto homes Classique and the oven only seems to heat items that are at the top of the oven and the bottom of the oven is just warm ,, you can latterly put your hand on bottom of inside of oven and it is just warm

Forgive me for asking a stupid question but are you talking about a gas oven or electric.?

I have a Newhomes Stoves gas cooker in my 2001 Hymer and to be honest it’s probably the same. I but every thing as close to the top as possible as it is nowhere near as hot as an oven at home. I only tend to cook cottage pie, lasagna, pizza and a few other bits in the oven and everything else is cooked on top. The gas rings to not give out as much heat as a home job either. I understand that the gas is not as calorific as domestic gas

I don’t remember the make but when I had a similar vintage van in the U.k.the gas oven was brilliant,wish I had room for one in the Hymer. The only thing that springs to mind is that the thermostat is at fault ?

My van oven is more sluggish than a house one too but I wouldn't be able to touch the bottom like that. Although the bottom of a gas oven is always much cooler than the top, that's definitely beyond normal. Sounds like it's not getting up to temperature for some reason... thermostat perhaps or maybe the gas jets are blocked so not enough is flowing through.

Something worth checking, with a van of this age, there is an outside possibility that the oven is a 50mb one and through the years the regulator has been changed for a modern day 30mb one.
If that's the case the unit will not perform as expected, check the specification plate for it (if you can find it).

My oven in a 23 year old van is excellent it's a Three burner Spinflo cooker and grill (with glass lid) and Monte Carlo 3000 oven, it is a little bit cooler at the bottom but this is great for keeping things warm, when preparing other food.

Thanks for all the replys it is agas oven and the jets are fine will get thermostat checked

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back