Overnight Near (1 hour or so drive) to Scrabster for ORKNEY Rally Event 2024?

RAW

Anyone know of anywhere to overnight for a coach (a little over 8m) on the way to Scrabster from Findhorn, currently at Findhorn West Beach Paid parking for Overnight and staying 2 nights, leaving Tuesday ? Thinking maybe Castletown as shown on here https://wildcamping.co.uk/app.php and also open to other ideas / suggestions. TIA

ifyou mean the Mirage Fish and Chip place with sit down restaurant next door then yes, you are right, just had some for Lunch and they were spot on !! Parked up at Helmsdale now, busy here
that’s the place 7 or 8 of us went & sat indoors in the restaurant the waitress said a small fish was a single one a large two, tim asked how big was the fish the girl held her fingers about 5” apart so tim said i’ll have the large you’ve already quessed that they were about 10” each jan’s scampi portion was 24 individual pieces ! there was a platter full of chips in the middle of the table with a promised refill poor tim managed about 4 chips i think64555911303__B1264117-A10A-4431-BDF5-BE17A73A9733.jpeg

Last edited:
ifyou mean the Mirage Fish and Chip place with sit down restaurant next door then yes, you are right, just had some for Lunch and they were spot on !! Parked up at Helmsdale now, busy here
that’s the place 7 or 8 of us went & sat indoors in the restaurant the waitress said a small fish was a single one a large two, tim asked how big was the fish the girl held her fingers about 5” apart so tim said i’ll have the large you’ve already quessed that they were about 10” each jan’s scampi portion was 24 individual pieces ! there was a platter full of chips in the middle of the table with a promised refill poor tim managed about 4 chips i thinkView attachment 73363
Silly me thinking that was the length when it was the width, as you say about 10ins long by about 5 wide. Visited on the way up to Orkney this time, did not make the same mistake. Small chips is still a large plate full.

Back