Oyster 2 Sat dish.

runnach

Dish has always worked well down here in the Vienne. Yesterday morning I popped into MH to view news, as I hears a scandal was to break in Edinburgh, Sat dish was fine, viewed news, then left MH, early evening returned to MH for a news catch up ( drop the dish when not viewing) popped up dish, readout states "locating last position" except this time dish carried on searching and does not lock on.

I don't have manual with me, anyone any ideas/pointers of what may be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Considering I am not in Scotland, yes, dry and sunny here 😂
I know what you are getting at, not atmospherics, and thanks for your reply👍

Considering I am not in Scotland, yes, dry and sunny here 😂
I know what you are getting at, not atmospherics, and thanks for your reply👍
Terry, we're in Fife, so if there's a scandal in Edinburgh, we don't need to watch; we can hear it ... Seemingly, someone insisted on Salt & Vinegar instead of Sauce and Salt in the Chippie ... Not so much a storm in a teacup, more a stooshie in a chip shop :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Terry, we're in Fife, so if there's a scandal in Edinburgh, we don't need to watch; we can hear it ... Seemingly, someone insisted on Salt & Vinegar instead of Sauce and Salt in the Chippie ... Not so much a storm in a teacup, more a stooshie in a chip shop :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Well Steve, I heard someone went to the chippie and when they got there there was no money to pay for it, as someone nicked the chippie fund 😂

Well Steve, I heard someone went to the chippie and when they got there there was no money to pay for it, as someone nicked the chippie fund 😂
Convention dictates, Terry, that I reply with a trite comment like 'Robbing Peter to pay Paul', but I don't think that quite fits, and there might be some, ahem, legal reversed polarity [allegedly], if I read you right ... :rolleyes:. I understand that enquiries continue ...

Steve

And in the meantime, a lot of digging is going on looking for new potatoes, all under cover of canvas 🥹

Dish has always worked well down here in the Vienne. Yesterday morning I popped into MH to view news, as I hears a scandal was to break in Edinburgh, Sat dish was fine, viewed news, then left MH, early evening returned to MH for a news catch up ( drop the dish when not viewing) popped up dish, readout states "locating last position" except this time dish carried on searching and does not lock on.

I don't have manual with me, anyone any ideas/pointers of what may be the issue?

Thanks in advance.
hi. in Vienne you are still in the astra 28 footprint & like you say the dish locked on before have you tried astra 19 or hotbird 13 to see if the dish locks on those satellite's. Cheyanne

hi. in Vienne you are still in the astra 28 footprint & like you say the dish locked on before have you tried astra 19 or hotbird 13 to see if the dish locks on those satellite's. Cheyanne
Hi there, I’ve not had time to have a proper look at the setup due to painting rear of house. Finished now and what I’ll do first is move MH to a different location, erect dish then see what happens, if this fails, then faff with the settings.
Cheers 👍

Terry were you watching for news of your favourite politician ?
The news imho gives a hint as to why she resigned so suddenly
"Out of the blue" or is it yellow ?/.

Hi Terry,

If that happens with my Teleco unit, the first thing that I do is check on their website in case there is a firmware update, perhaps in response to a frequency change on the satellite that affects self-seeking. If that's not it, there are (based on a Google search) other possibilities, such as something having caused the unit to suddenly start looking for the wrong frequency. If you need a manual, you can probably download one here: https://ten-haaft.com/en/service/instruction-manual/
I always travel with access to all my user manuals in pdf format. I store them in the cloud, so they're accessible on any device with Internet access.

Terry were you watching for news of your favourite politician ?
The news imho gives a hint as to why she resigned so suddenly
"Out of the blue" or is it yellow ?/.
Hey Phil, can’t say too much, this current situation has been simmering for a long time, kinda like a Volcano, then it erupts.

I hope your recent trips to hospital are working out well for you, take care and pass on our regards to Nida, please.

Tried Hotbird, while dish locks on after a search, no data coming through. I’ve tried a reboot of the system, no joy there either.

I reckon a possible frequency change as Tom has suggested, if it is this, a call to oyster will be required. Not the end of the day though, I can live without the telly, and I have the iPad as a backup.
Thanks for your replies, gents 👍

hi. there is a oystertech man called Anthony phone no 0185857592 he's one of the top men in the country .Cheyanne

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back