Paint Codes

paulhelenwilko

Hello peeps,

We have had a small 'scrape' in the motorhome to the rear wheel arch which is plastic or fibreglass. I thought it would be quick and easy to get one of the smart repairers in. The first one I have contacted says he does not know how to get the paint codes. Anyone got an idea ?

I guess the ford one for the cab is straight forward, but the Hymer body ? Do they put the codes somewhere or is it a matter of contacting Hymer.

Besides that I thought the codes were irrelevant after a few years due to fading and the smart repairers did a 'best' match.

PaulMH Wheelarch1.JPGMH Wheelarch2.JPG

Can you take a part or the van to a paint supply , that can match and mix the paint or can supply a rattle can and the correct primers ,

Try a marine repairer, they mix colours to match boat gel coats so should be able to help.

I had the same problem with a rear bumper.
The dealers told me there is no paint code as such and the converters (Chausson) just make up a batch to whatever colour they are using at the time.
I went along with ‘best match’ and it looked pretty convincing to me.

If you can remove the panel most . auto paint supply will match up a rattle can .or can you get hold of some color chips all paint shops will have some . white is a very forgiving paint to match .if you have to fill some scratches use marine epoxy filler it is waterproof and made for GRP , car filler is not ,and it can be finished using a very fine wet or dry use wet .rattle can paint is very thin so more thin coats are needed .it also runs very easily if put on too thick .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back