Parallel parking a motorhome over 6m long ?

Agreed - as I said if you do and pay for 2 then if you do get a ticket you've a good case.
A lot of operators say must "park IN marked bays" - presumably to keep circulation space clear and also make all bays available.
Going over 2 lengthways keeping circulation clear and paying for both ought to be ok.

First time I parallel parked our 7.5 m motor home was at an aire in France between 2 other motor homes. I had an audience of about 6 men watching, but I got in perfectly first try. You could see the disappointment in their faces.....
I think I have only parallel parked one other time was last year in our latest can ( just over 8m with nick rack fitted) and that was in Cambridge. There was just a line to park inside but no length markers. I wouldn’t normally think about parking on the road.

With my 5.3m long campervan I can often just get in roadside parking marked bays. I wouldn't try it with anything longer. It is also relatively narrow. Most ferries you pay extra if over 6m.

I have on occasion parallel parked my 7.6m motorhome ane its straightforward enough but to be fair one doesn't often find gaps big enough!
I too am to park at the 'end' near a driveway say to make it easier to get in and be sure of getting out.
People don't realise how the tail overhang can affect manoeuvring if there's any street furniture in the path.

Really, only wheels in a bay, is that right?
Lots of signs say you have to pay for each bay u occupy, or are you saying you are allowed to protrude beyond the length of a bay as long as not causing an obstruction!!
Go round any car park, any marked roadside spaces. Count how many vehicles you see that don't overhang the marked space at all. I'm not saying there will be none, but there will be very few indeed.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back