Park up views the good, bad, ugly

WildThingsKev

Not this time! Read the sign; I think they probably mean it.

Arolla Switzerland, 2000m. Shame as 45cm snow forecast and it took 1 hour 25 minutes to drive up and nearly the same down. Though my wife was getting nervous about driving down with snow on the road, notwithstanding winter tyres and chains, there was Photo editing_Cloud20200203.jpglots of single track with near sheer drops. The numerous road closure gates next to chainage areas with adjoining shrines didn't help!

saxonborg

Not this time! Read the sign; I think they probably mean it.

Arolla Switzerland, 2000m. Shame as 45cm snow forecast and it took 1 hour 25 minutes to drive up and nearly the same down. Though my wife was getting nervous about driving down with snow on the road, notwithstanding winter tyres and chains, there was View attachment 52835lots of single track with near sheer drops. The numerous road closure gates next to chainage areas with adjoining shrines didn't help!
Lovely place in summer and a good area to start mountain walks short and long distance.

andyjanet

Rally Organiser

We have a coin to toss
Not sure if headin
Down and into Luxembourg or across Belgium and into Germany heading for wurzburg to follow the romantic road down, don’t tell janet but I want to be on the romantic road on the 14 th feb hehe 😉
I’ve even bought the Belgian chocolates

From Aldi 🤣

Steveboy

Lovely. Are you in your new van yet? I remember you talking about it during that lovely evening a crowd of us shared hospitality with you & Janet at the Frog last Oct. I'm Setubal, Portugal just now on my yearly wanderings. Enjoy guys & hope our paths cross again sometime. Steve.

andyjanet

Rally Organiser

Lovely. Are you in your new van yet? I remember you talking about it during that lovely evening a crowd of us shared hospitality with you & Janet at the Frog last Oct. I'm Setubal, Portugal just now on my yearly wanderings. Enjoy guys & hope our paths cross again sometime. Steve.
Hi Steve no not in new van yet,
Put it on hold as we have several family weddings in the summer so wanted to get away for the spring, we should catch up with you at the frog meet in October! Enjoy Portugal A&J

HurricaneSmith

We love the woods and valleys of the Vosges, but have never been to that citadel.

Now I know the aire is beneath the ramparts, it's on our list for next time we're in the area. Many thanks! (y)