Parked Up Aircraft

Carrerasax

Reading today.......
about all the Airplane services being hit as they are paid directly by the carrier not the airport
Paid on a pay as you go basis. Baggage Handlers and the like!
Then we have catering firms x 2
1 Airplane food caterers
2 Food outlets in the airport.
Also all the other airport shops (Boots Dixons WH Smith, and all the high-end "boutiques"

Massive hit all round ! and redundancies

I suspect when air travel "takes off" again prices will go "sky high"
Apologies (or not) for the puns, and sympathy for all those affected !
I suspect it is the "little people" such as shop assistants bar staff and restaurant staff who will suffer the most !
Maybe their employers will get government support to keep them on (even at lower pay and no bonuses/tips)
Never really seen the point of these brand shops at airports, does anybody ever buy anything, not me!! Think it mostly PR they look nice I suppose!!!!!

jagmanx

Yep too expensive..Maybe aimed at the "Nouveau Riche" or those on expenses.
Or rich other !
Quite content to buy BEER ! Ok £4 but .....

jagmanx

Yes to be slightly un PC
Rich people maybe not UK citizens.
Yes mega bucks must be or they would not do !

HurricaneSmith

Do you know why Spain please?

Is it cheaper to park there or is it a capacity issue in the UK?

HurricaneSmith

Thanks both. I "Liked" for replying, whilst sad for the content which I found sad.

Reactions: 2cv

Biggarmac

Rally Organiser

Teruel is a large open storage used by Tarmac to scrap and harvest part from older aircraft If you travel the A23 from Zarragoza ...just north of Teruel you can see it on the right in the distance ...... www.aeropuertodeteruel.com/en/tarmac-aragon
It looks really strange out in the wilds of Spain. Driving by on a fairly uninteresting motorway the sight of all the planes makes for interesting conjecture.

Haaamster

When it's all over the wealthy will be flying around in private jets telling us we can't bring back passenger planes due to climate change.

Millie Master

They are also scrapping the Airbus 380s now ..
Wrong to call the A380 a flop as it was/is such a triumph by aeronautical engineers, but it is so sad that it has proven to be, for the airlines at least, the right aircraft but at totally the wrong time!
The scrapping of these amazing aircraft is one thing which will be costing zillions, but it will also be that international airports throughout the World who have invested enormous amounts into the development of unique, aircraft specific gondolas etc., the mind simply boggles!

Bri

Wrong to call the A380 a flop as it was/is such a triumph by aeronautical engineers, but it is so sad that it has proven to be, for the airlines at least, the right aircraft but at totally the wrong time!
The scrapping of these amazing aircraft is one thing which will be costing zillions, but it will also be that international airports throughout the World who have invested enormous amounts into the development of unique, aircraft specific gondolas etc., the mind simply boggles!
No body mentioned it was a FLOP in fact it was a great sucess ..the earlier models are less efficient than later versions hence they are the ones being scrapped ..the remainder will fly for years to come just no more new ones being built..