Parked Up Aircraft

2cv

Thanks, Bill. It's amazing how much fuel consumption per passenger mile is coming down - and overall efficiency going up, as mentioned in the article you highlight. I guess the operating lifetime of aircraft is getting shorter as time progresses?
Are aircraft dismantled and/or 'recycled' to operators less dependent on aircraft efficiency?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
Dismantled then recycled. One of my former babies 😢

26DBDEFE-30F2-4D3F-AD04-67BD3AF1B6F9.png

Markd

I read today that Air France-KLM are immediately retiring their A380s nor rather than in 2 years.
Presumably saves ongoing regulatory work-costs while temporarily grounded?

2cv

Virgin have announced that their 747 fleet is retired. I saw one that was stored in Glasgow leave for Manchester yesterday, presumably to remove things before it’s final flight.

2cv

The Lufthansa rescue combined with figures from Italy showing a surprising number of victims to have been over 80 with other conditions and the opening up of Spain for summer saw IAG shares rise 23% today, with TUI rising 55%. Emirates are now saying that they may even keep their 380s. Perhaps things are beginning to look up.

Such a shame that this is probably the end for BA jumbos. In this nice little film 2:54 is the approach to San Diego, our last trip on one just before cv19 took over.

Some great clips in there, Bill. Thanks for posting that.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

• Thank You
Reactions: 2cv

HurricaneSmith

That's very sad.

I remember seeing our first 747 adjacent the terminal when returning home from New York in 1974 and being staggered at how vast it looked.