Peugeot boxer 2015 . Air bag ecu

Mr and Mrs Tupcox

I've been told mine can not be repaired .
By garage so it's a new one but there on back order poss 3 months.20210821_095346.jpg

Am I correct in thinking this is just a plug and play unit doesn't need to be coded once refitted..?

Do a bit of research or talk to crashdata, particularly with regard to time intervals before removing and refitting with regard to power sequence. I cannot recall much detail but remember posts along those lines.

Davy

Just taken mine off ready for posting tomorrow. Ours is a Ducato but I'm pretty sure the fixtures are identical .........

1. Remove the bottom cover under the centre glovebox .... 2 T20 torx screws. It will pull out and makes the job alot easier.782F5FA3-CE9E-4AF7-92FC-91C2B9A434EF.jpeg

2. Undo the 3 10mm nuts holding the ecu in place
174C709E-8309-486B-9848-B78415BAE8B4.jpeg
3. Undo the negative lead on the battery
4. Remove the 2 sensor plugs, push the little indent in and pull the lever over.
5. Replace the battery lead
6. You should end up with one like this......
26AA1728-7870-48E2-AFA2-F7697A207E25.jpeg

If you have a tracker fitted you might get a call as I did, within 1 minute of disconnecting the battery 😄

There is a lot of talk about disconnecting the battery for longer periods to ensure there is complete discharge to prevent the unit firing an airbag. The mechanic who scanned mine for the fault said he never even disconnects the battery. In the end I just did a quick disconnect whilst pulling the plugs so that I didn't have to reset anything else.
Hope this helps.
Dave

Hi
I have a 2017 Eldis Autoquest 155, Peugot Boxer based.
I have an airbag fault.
How do I find the module?
I don't have a center glovebox. I removed passenger but cannot see the module
Any help much appreciated
Garry

Thanks for the reply, mine doesn't have a carpet just rubber mats, but I will start pulling them see if I can find it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back