Peugeot Boxer l.e.d. bulbs

Wes

Can anyone advise if they have fitted l.e.d bulbs, and if so were there any canbus issues

Can anyone advise if they have fitted l.e.d bulbs, and if so were there any canbus issues
I've not watched this, but popped up on my Youtube feed today - and might answer your question?

Autobulbsdirect do a range of canbus compliant LED bulbs under the name twenty20. I have fitted their drl bulbs and replaced the headlight bulbs on my fiat based A class. Wether they actually needed canbus compliant, I am not sure but I certainly have no issues.

Davy

Going off my work van..... I'd be reluctant to fit anything that wasn't lovingly crafted and wholly reccomended by the chap that developed the electrics....

My work van has a set of electrical issues that can never be eradicated....
Just changed from one item to another.

I have tried so called led h4 dip/hi beam leds and not one set worked as the dip only dimmed down and not swing to the left and down, high was as useless as a ashtray on a m/bike.
No all the side lamps ok as were the rear brake t/lights & fog/reverse lamps.blue stack c.jpg

I think any improvement will be over what you have fitted now. If you have something like Osram Nightbreaker or the Halfords equivalent you will have the best that halogen can give at a modest cost. If you have standard Halogen lamps you might try upgrading before changing to LED's ?
K ;)

I think any improvement will be over what you have fitted now. If you have something like Osram Nightbreaker or the Halfords equivalent you will have the best that halogen can give at a modest cost. If you have standard Halogen lamps you might try upgrading before changing to LED's ?
K ;)
Thanks for all the information, looks like the nightbreaker solution a good option, and staying legal

And definitively no canbus issues ;) but DO take a look at the Halfords alternative as they come with a great no-questions-asked-guarantee which might be useful.
K ;)

I have tried so called led h4 dip/hi beam leds and not one set worked as the dip only dimmed down and not swing to the left and down, high was as useless as a ashtray on a m/bike.
No all the side lamps ok as were the rear brake t/lights & fog/reverse lamps.View attachment 57677
Trevor,
I have always replaced the H4 Bulbs with the Philips Extreme Vision ones (this is the last version I bought - https://amzn.to/2JBDuxL ) and found them very good - and unlike many upgrade bulbs that seem to burn out early, I've never had one fail after fitting.
recommended if you are still wanting better illumination from the headlights.

MoT rules no longer mention bulbs or any wattage - the expression used is 'light sources'
An MoT tester will only check operation not E marking - after all dismantling is not allowed.
I've replaced all the 'marker' lights on my >3.5T motorhome (12 no) from 5w tungsten to led thereby reducing the draw if I was to park overnight on an unlit road from 5A to 1A.
That way it might start in the morning 😀😀
However main reason for doing so was to do the job once and never again as they should last for ever!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back