Phone signal and internet

Have they actually done anything? Or just informing you that you get a signal in that location.

Have they actually done anything? Or just informing you that you get a signal in that location.
It’s an emergency procedure if you are walking in Scottish woodland signal is not great but at these points we had full phone signal and 4g Internet

Another method that I have found seems to work pretty much everywhere is - pull your phone out of your pocket and look at the top of the screen, there is a little icon there that tells you the signal strength :rolleyes:;)

I suppose on the plus side, better that they're erecting these signs than no overnight parking signs.

Another method that I have found seems to work pretty much everywhere is - pull your phone out of your pocket and look at the top of the screen, there is a little icon there that tells you the signal strength :rolleyes:;)

I suppose on the plus side, better that they're erecting these signs than no overnight parking signs.

Well I hope when some one breaks a leg or is having a heart attack there is enough time and battery for you to run round the hills with your phone out looking to see if you have a good signal. I’m assuming the point of these boards is not to stop and watch East Enders but to know at least one place where a connection can be made in an emergency or break down

Well I hope when some one breaks a leg or is having a heart attack there is enough time and battery for you to run round the hills with your phone out looking to see if you have a good signal. I’m assuming the point of these boards is not to stop and watch East Enders but to know at least one place where a connection can be made in an emergency or break down

My comment was a little tongue in cheek, hence the emoticons.

However I don’t think trying to remember where/when one might have passed some random sign relating to mobile signal strength would be much more useful.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back