Phones, Sims and data

Owlhouse

Now that our honest, decent trustworthy telcos are completely going back on their words and starting to charge again for roaming (EE first - rest to follow…) anyone know of decent EU telcos that provide reasonable plans. I use mine (60gb) to watch the telly instead of a sat dish. With a VPN you can watch UK tv as well.

O2 are not charging unless you go over your plan provision, I have 25 gig my wife has 30 gig, we do not watch telly when away and only minimum on line activity on the phones when away anyway just site finder app P 4 Night etc and WC so it all ok for us ?

We have always been happy with our 3 unlimited which we use at home. Three have promised not to introduce roaming charges s but the limit is now only 12gb for Go Roam......................but you can use it to watch UK TV without a VPN which as far as I know is the same for all UK cards.

But it's about £6 per gig if you go over

I have a sim only deal with Sky (O2 Network) Mobile, any unused data I have rolls over into a data bank from which I can transfer unused data back at anytime. It does not charge extra for EU roaming. My contract is £6 a month, unlimited calls and texts and 2GB of data - my 'Bank' of data is currently sitting at 90GB! Last year when I went abroad I transferred data in 20GB chunks and monitored my usage - worked fine for me.

I have a sim only deal with Sky (O2 Network) Mobile, any unused data I have rolls over into a data bank from which I can transfer unused data back at anytime. It does not charge extra for EU roaming. My contract is £6 a month, unlimited calls and texts and 2GB of data - my 'Bank' of data is currently sitting at 90GB! Last year when I went abroad I transferred data in 20GB chunks and monitored my usage - worked fine for me.
I took that Sky deal too, however I found coverage on o2 not so good so its back to Vodafone for me.

If you sign up with EE by tomorrow 7th you can use your allowance in the eu upto a fair usage max of 50 gb for the length of your contract.
We just got a great deal through techrader on EE, Samsung s21 for free, 100gb £35 month 2 year contract . Plus Samsung will give you £100 cash back. On top of this we have a family member who works for EE so get 30% discount so the deal works out @ £20 month!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back