Portable gas heater flue

Londonboii

Free Member

I have ordered an 8l tankless water heater from ebay. It says on it not to install in confined space indoors. As I'll be using this for my internal shower I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for the best flue/duct kit for these? Alternatively I may just box the top off and put in a vent to the side of the van.

Has anyone installed one of these to be permanently fixed in their van and how did you deal with the exhaust?

done them boxed in and through the roof or side ,also done one boxed in on the outside of the back door . this door didn't need to open as it was the shower corner . i put a flexi pipe to it any way . worth considering if an internal flue worries you

Its not that I'm particularly worried as I assume its just a case of letting the exhaust fumes escape somehow which would be easy enough.
The flexi pipe you mention, I looked at those but i was worried they may not take the heat so thought if going through the roof id need a metal duct. The flues through the roof all seem to stick up extremely high and I dont really want that look. Also they don't seem ideal for driving in the rain as water would get in.

What vents would you recommend or have you used if venting on the side? Looking on sites most seems to be plastic angled vent types, i assume that's fine? Again concern is how hot they might get

Check the instructions, it probably says it must vent straight up.

I have one of the silicon collars on the roof, and a cowl on top of the duct.

I'm guessing when Nige said flexi he meant the water pipes.

says to be used in a well ventilated area. Doent say anything about fitting a flue. I think because its meant to be portable

If you’re going to box it in and vent it off to the top, remember it’ll need a vent at the bottom of the box to draw air in. I saw one used in a van and the guy had built an angled steel box above to a big mesh vent on the side of the body and a draw in vent on the body side below the unit. TBH, it all looked a bit dodgy!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back