Portugal: Common Sense at Last

Pauljenny

As of today, UK tourists will be treated like EU, Japan Singapore and some other Commonwealth countries.
Fast tracked through arrival formalities and made more welcome.
I've always banged on about how the restrictions would be impractical and reduce numbers bringing strong Sterling.
Other tourism reliant countries will have to follow suit.
Spain will have to open up, to complete.
Next..?
The 90/ 180 day nonsense will be dumped..
See you all down here, soon.. 😁

As of today, UK tourists will be treated like EU, Japan Singapore and some other Commonwealth countries.
I've always banged on about how the restrictions would be impractical and reduce numbers bringing strong Sterling.
Next..?

Amen to that...

Next..?
UK were offered a waiver of the 90/180 rule under Withdrawal Agreement but turned it down so I wouldn't rush to the Bookies

Steve

Does this mean that a stay in Portugal ‘stalls’ the 90/180 rule? Would you have to prove the length of the Portugal time spent? How would it be done? I believe you can get an extension visa for Portugal (50€) but as said previously you have to get there through Spain….

Yes read this in a Sunday paper , it’s common sense. Hope France and Spain get their act together

Does this mean that a stay in Portugal ‘stalls’ the 90/180 rule? Would you have to prove the length of the Portugal time spent? How would it be done? I believe you can get an extension visa for Portugal (50€) but as said previously you have to get there through Spain….
I doubt it. Portugal is in the Schengen zone so all time spent there without a visa would count toward your 90 days.

-----++++-------
No. Schengen Zone sets the Visa/ Stay Rules as an EU policy. The fast tracking by Spain and Portugal re Airport clearance is a matter of national competence that falls within the national economy management, and was promised by both countries when measures such as International Driving Permits were being discussed, around 2018 IIRC

Steve

Our daughter flew into Leeds from Dublin, 2 hours ago
Without any form of hindrance.
A freak event, ? Blind eyes turned?.
We'll find out.
'Appen ?

Update:
I've asked her to confirm this.

No stamps on her passport.
Let's see how our French cousins react..

British nationals travelling from Ireland don't need a passport. Plus the RoI isn't in the Schengen group.

Of course !
Why didn't we think of that..?
And our daughter ?

We can claim senility and sunstroke.
Interesting times, though?

• Funny
Reactions: Rec

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back