PORTUGAL/ SPAIN BORDER TO BE CLOSED.

Pauljenny

Official news feed days the Government will meet to close the borders, tomorrow.
Only goods and cross-border worked will be allowed through.
Good luck to all affected.

Thanks Paul, we are now resident in Portugal, hi neighbour.
What peculiar times we are in, I only hope it will not take to long to return to normal, what ever that is.
All I ask is that you and Jenny stay safe, see ypu soon.

Hi Paul, you’ve had a reply from my neighbour. So ditto, Hi neighbour.

BBC News - Europe 30 day ban to travellers 😢

Just had an update, it will NOT include UK citizens as we are Europeans (just)

Last edited:
Some of us are happy to stay here, but there are people on the site here who are booked on ferries and want to leave here on Friday. Hope that the announcements are clearer than the ones up to now.

Judging by the news from uk,, If you're in a safe and well serviced location, especially away from large agglomerations 8of of people, I'd be tempted to stay put, until the situation clarifies..
To quote Corporal Jones...
" DON'T PANIC...DON'T PANIC !!! "

This from FCO a few hours ago.

So if you want to make your way home you can.

Cheers

H033449BE-0673-4881-BCB9-A306E55468CB.png

Rumour has it that 8 vans left the aire at Alentejo ("The Dutch mans" Portugal) this morning, they were turned back at the border into Spain.

3 x 600mm drainage pipes placed on the bridge into Spain. We won’t be leaving Portugal any time soon.

Here a picture of the Spanish border Trotter is talking about.
It was a surprise to see this earlier today.
There are still roads open between Portugal and Spain. 20200317_122218.jpg

My friend who has been staying on our land in Portugal tried to get out but because his van is now on Spanish reg they turned him back , he was going to try and get a flight back to the uk and leave the van there which is safe but had problems with that so he phone me and said sod it I staying here is that ok.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back