Portugal

• Thread starter Deleted member 2734
  • Start date

Deleted member 2734

Hi I'm thinking of taking a trip too Portugal either Oct or Nov .........anyone else have a similar idea and has anyone got any recommendations on places to visit ?

Very dependent on which part of Portugal you want to visit I.e coastal areas with some outstanding beaches or small inland villages or perhaps you prefer large towns,if you give a bit more of your likes I will try to make a few suggestions,and am sure there will be more replies from folk with more knowledge than me.

Very dependent on which part of Portugal you want to visit I.e coastal areas with some outstanding beaches or small inland villages or perhaps you prefer large towns,if you give a bit more of your likes I will try to make a few suggestions,and am sure there will be more replies from folk with more knowledge than me.
I am partial to a beach , or mountain areas but also want to see city culture .......I'm not to sure if I'll be going solo very much depends on a couple of other camper vaners Tbh......so I might need some hustle bustle among the way........I toured all around Spain twice last year ........so it's time for me to visit Portugal's delights

May I suggest you follow the link with excellent photos from ***** taken around Oporto absolutely stunning scenery, then follow down the coastline some lovely beaches then head inland to Fatima personally I found this far to commercial,from there are lot of really interesting villages in the interior lots of dams where you can park for free and just follow your nose but take it slowly as there is so much to see.

Here are a couple that are worth a look.

This one is just over the border in Spain. Os Banos 41.97948, -7.98242, car park for As Leirinas Roman thermal springs pools – all free and natural. It is a narrow and steep approach from main road but it is only a short distance. There are Impressive remains of Roman fort a short walk south

Sao Domingos, 37.67201, -7.50445. Quite spooky multi-coloured lakes and remains of mine workings, interesting industrial archaeology. The mine closed in 1960s after 108 years, operated by British company Mason & Barry. There is 14km walk. There are a number of place to park including 37.674367, -7.504944 and 37.675135, -7.501965

Here’s a link to our travel map, including some information on the places we have visited in Portugal
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GYGj3HAaQ_41dhEIj8FE8KuYBOLqxRwq&usp=sharing

You might find this useful https://juliedawnfox.com/category/travel-in-portugal/

Amazing sardine restaura with blue and white tile decor/ exterior, up hill overlooking promenade at fig de fox.
Acsi camp site tomanco, really funky not far from here.
Beaches in northern Portugal amazing. You won’t be disappointed!!!

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back