Possy

Possy

Hi all, just joined the site, my names Stephen but go by the nickname Possy, I have a1996 Fiat ducato with an autotrail Cheyenne 584 body on it, it’s our first Motorhome and she’s called AILSA, the reason is my aunty who passed away left me and my wife some money knowing we wanted to get ourselves a Motorhome, we’ve only done some local trips so far, the lakes, Scotland and the Solway, I’ve fitted air suspension, solar two 120w panels, and she’s just passed her first test with me, with No problems at all, she only has 42,000 on her and is like new underneath, I was a hgv mechanic for 15 years before moving to driving coaches, then a courier for the last 6 years. Any who look forward to many journeys to nice quiet stops.

Hi and welcome from Glengormley Co Antrim, you should know your way round the we toy then with your background, have lots of good days out. :)

Hi and welcome from Glengormley Co Antrim, you should know your way round the we toy then with your background, have lots of good days out. :)
Yeah I’ve fitted the solar and the air bags, just changed a front Caliper and the two brake hoses, replaced all the waste pipes, tried to fix the roof air con unit, but it still trips the fuses when it’s on cold but is fine on hot, doesn’t seem to be any info out there about these Electrolux blizzard units, but wild camp 99% of the time anyway, and it only works on 240v

Where are you based (roughly) Stephen?

By the way, you can save a lot of questions and get more focused help if you put some info either in your profile or in your signature, your name, town etc, just click your avatar (good one) in the green bar up top.

Been through the same thing .
Everything from top to bottom. Back to front.

Just about finished now myself..

Where are you based (roughly) Stephen?

By the way, you can save a lot of questions and get more focused help if you put some info either in your profile or in your signature, your name, town etc, just click your avatar (good one) in the green bar up top.
Near Carlisle in Cumbria

You mentioned work somewhere, what would you like to do next, are you in any rush? self employed again or a job?, I never regretted getting a driving job, left it too late to be honest as I love driving, I was crap in an office shop or factory, every day the same , big yaaaawwnn, not to mention bosses who knew less them me sometimes.

You mentioned work somewhere, what would you like to do next, are you in any rush? self employed again or a job?, I never regretted getting a driving job, left it too late to be honest as I love driving, I was crap in an office shop or factory, every day the same , big yaaaawwnn, not to mention bosses who knew less them me sometimes.
ATM just getting head together, but yes I have the option to do Amazon flex as a get by, but will be doing something, my wife works so not struggling yet financially, but will need to go back earning at some point, I too love driving, been all over when driving the coaches, but since the depression I simply can’t do groups of people anymore, i just get freaked out, which is why the delivery thing works so well for me, plus I take my dog with me everywhere, he got me out the house and tbh probably saved my life, so if he can’t go then I don’t go. I also have my ducks which can keep me entertained for hours😂 it doesn’t take much 😂.

The Amazon Flex sounds interesting but with all things Amazon, I'd beware.

My last job was at an electrical wholesaler near me, a small company similar to CEF, I'd had enough of parcel delivery with iffy addresses and postcodes, no house number, been there and done that, too much frustration, I'm 74 now so well away from that malarky thankfully, I was asked if I wanted to work in the office when it was quiet, I turned that down, crap with customers was my excuse but in reality I'm fine with them so long as they're not like the morons we got in the PC shops :rolleyes: :rolleyes: When we were doing the powder coating it was all bikers, so on the same page so the banter was horrific on a Saturday when they came to drop off or pick up their stuff, they could be brutal, but I gave as good as I got and they paid me to do it, WINNER.

Possy???

The Amazon Flex sounds interesting but with all things Amazon, I'd beware.

My last job was at an electrical wholesaler near me, a small company similar to CEF, I'd had enough of parcel delivery with iffy addresses and postcodes, no house number, been there and done that, too much frustration, I'm 74 now so well away from that malarky thankfully, I was asked if I wanted to work in the office when it was quiet, I turned that down, crap with customers was my excuse but in reality I'm fine with them so long as they're not like the morons we got in the PC shops :rolleyes: :rolleyes: When we were doing the powder coating it was all bikers, so on the same page so the banter was horrific on a Saturday when they came to drop off or pick up their stuff, they could be brutal, but I gave as good as I got and they paid me to do it, WINNER.

Possy???
My last name is Postlethwaite, so since primary school I’ve been known as Possy, as for addresses, I use an app called Delm8, it has every house in every postcode in the UK, new houses can take a little while to appear, but never get lost never struggle to find somewhere even the most remote addresses with no name signs.

My last name is Postlethwaite, so since primary school I’ve been known as Possy, as for addresses, I use an app called Delm8, it has every house in every postcode in the UK, new houses can take a little while to appear, but never get lost never struggle to find somewhere even the most remote addresses with no name signs.
Allot of parcel firms now also have the option for what3words addresses, I’ve had what3words since the beta days and highly recommend its use,

Yes me too must be the requirement so the job (w3w) but have yet to use it in anger, our car has it as well oddly

Delm8
Clever name that, got it right away, just downloaded it to have a butchers.

Right, time for breakfast, I'm starving.

Yes me too must be the requirement so the job (w3w) but have yet to use it in anger, our car has it as well oddly

Delm8
Clever name that, got it right away, just downloaded it to have a butchers.

Right, time for breakfast, I'm starving.
👍👍

Welcome from The Algarve.
You're gonna have much fun and many adventures

Back