POUNDLAND Heads up

Deleted member 144

If you shop in Poundland shops be aware that when you go to pay for your goods, the tiny screen you see when you insert your card into the pay machine shows a script that says add 25 pence for Charity ?, you have the option with a YES or NO tick, before entering your PIN no. BUT if you use CONTACTLESS cards , you DO NOT GET this option so you are unwittingly giving 25 p to a charity and you do not know which Charity it is, I had a discussion today with the till operator and she confirmed this, she said that she was fed up with the hassle this causes her, I do not know what happens on the tills that you self operate as I point blank refuse to use these in any store, and will not use contactless cards, I donate to Charities of my choice BUT will not donate to unknown charities, this is happening in Southampton and surrounding areas so may not be true in your area ?

There are too many minor "scams" such as this. (Not real scams but...)
Most crowdfunding projects nclude a 10% fee to the "Banker" irrespective of how you pay.
I have agreed to this a couple of times (eg Road to the Isles toilets facilities and NHS Trusts).

Years ago there was a Norman Wisdom film "Mr ten percent".
For some charities difficult to avoid bt as @Trigger warns be aware
Seems a minor amount but I will be happy if 1 million people donate £0.25 to me.
Bank account New account with HSBC as they seem compliant with "Dodgy payments"
Bank code 99-99-99
AC number 123456789
Standing orders welcomed !
If you provide me with an email address you will get a "Thankyou Card" and a yearly reminder !

My wife was asked by the assistant on the till at M&S yesterday if she wanted to contribute to their coffee morning! No indication as to wether this was for a staff ‘jolly’ or perhaps (more likely) for some unnamed charity. She declined.

Davy

Just for something to do I contacted Poundland to see if they would provide a formal answer.
Might be a while

auto response
Thank you for contacting our Customer Care team.

We’re here for you, but we’re super busy right now so it may take us a little longer than usual to respond. Please bear with us. We’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back