Power Steering pipe

andromeda

Besides Coastal MMotorhome, (who don't have one,) please can anyone give suggestions on sourcing a right steering pipe for a CI Carioca 05 plate on a Fiat Ducato? Mine is leaking and may be weldable but may not.
Thanks for reading

Besides Coastal MMotorhome, (who don't have one,) please can anyone give suggestions on sourcing a right steering pipe for a CI Carioca 05 plate on a Fiat Ducato? Mine is leaking and may be weldable but may not.
Thanks for reading
If it's a hard pipe and not a flexible pipe can't a garage make one up and flare the ends to suit?

Thanks for reading
If it’s a pinhole leak some people cut the pipes and fit a compression union.

I had rotten pipes a couple of years ago and a mobile mechanic took the pipes off for me to have new ones made up at a local hydraulics workshop. Their supply and Roughly shape the pipes was £17. All up the job with time, fluid and fitting was about £90.

Cheers

H

To be fair the hard pipes aren't usually that difficult to swap (access permitting ) to swap ....

Pretty much just nuts and bolts ...
Most power steering is self bleeding too so no great issues there .

Shouldn't be drastically expensive for a decent honest garage to deal with ..

If the ones in the link are correct they're just brake pipes anyway so any back street garage should be able to know them up.

Hard to tell from the pics GG I was going of the end fittings but could be of course.

The pipes on my rack (2005 Ducato) were definitely not 12mm. The hydraulic shop swapped the fittings and swaged the ends.

Cheers

H
It may have been 12 mm as steel pipe used for hydraulics is sized according to its bore and not the outside diameter.

It may have been 12 mm as steel pipe used for hydraulics is sized according to its bore and not the outside diameter.
Must be a bit of brain fade on my part.

I reckon it is probably just lack of knowledge on my part. Is it the case that, unlike in the real world, hydraulic pipes are sized in cross sectional area rather than diameter. The spanner’s I used were Howe 12 mm.

Cheers

H

Must be a bit of brain fade on my part.

I reckon it is probably just lack of knowledge on my part. Is it the case that, unlike in the real world, hydraulic pipes are sized in cross sectional area rather than diameter. The spanner’s I used were Howe 12 mm.

Cheers

H
You are not wrong really. When designing an hydraulic circuit (which could be just something as simple as pumping liquid from A to B) you need to work out a number of things. You could start from working out how many Litres/Gallons per minute you needed to supply and one of the factors would be the size of pipework calculated by its cross sectional area. The size is important to keep frictional losses to a minimum. There is a formula for that, if you are a saddo you could look up Bernoullis Theorem of frictional losses in hydraulic circuits. :ROFLMAO:

Cheapest option is to remove pipe ,google hydraulic pipe repairer near me and ask them to make one up , sometimes they can replace it with a flexible one making it easier to fit.

Back