Printer troubles

Pudsey Bear

Liz wants me to print labels, but the paper keeps jamming on the Brother HL-1210W laser printer, the problem is she managed with her son to print onto the same sheets before, another issue is the drivers on mine do not have the same options as on here, different IE paper types, I've tried them all from her PC but still no joy, I've tried to get her drivers onto mine via email, but there is no sign of them on her PC.

Any ideas.

Liz wants me to print labels, but the paper keeps jamming on the Brother HL-1210W laser printer, the problem is she managed with her son to print onto the same sheets before, another issue is the drivers on mine do not have the same options as on here, different IE paper types, I've tried them all from her PC but still no joy, I've tried to get her drivers onto mine via email, but there is no sign of them on her PC.

Any ideas.
being able to select different paper types will not make any difference to if a label jams or not.

Looking at the printer, it looks like there is a paper tray at the bottom and the output tray at the top? So the paper is going through a 180 degree bend. That will give two potential problems with labels:
  1. If they are not secure on the backing sheet they can easily detach and then jam up on the workings. If the label sheets are quite old, this is often a problem (I have had quite a few labels that don't stick properly anymore)
  2. If the labels are not designed for a Laser Printer, the heat can cause the label to loosen from the backing - and if they are a bit old (point 1) it is even more likely.
Personally, I would try and avoid using labels where the label had to bend so much as it is such a hassle with them jamming. I DO print labels, but my printers have a near straight-through route for the paper.

In my time I don't know how many times I have cleaned up printers due to labels jamming up (used to be a printer engineer a long time ago).

Thanks David, I have now been informed that her son was pushing them through, so I've done the sheets to get it out of the way and done a test on plain paper, no apparent damage, it's a cheapo printer and we've had it 7-8 years but it's not used much.

If I had known he was pushing them through I'd have given him a bollocking, too late now.

On her PC it gives the option for thick, thicker, and other option I should have put them through Grr.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rec

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back