Problem with Gas

Bobtaylor

Hi all,
I’m currently away in the MH and experiencing a problem with my gas,
I carry two cylinders, one propane exchangeable cylinder, and a Gaslo refillable cylinder, fillable through a filling loop plumbed into a valve on the side of the MH.
I’ve had this system for a few years and never had a problem,
I filled the system up a few weeks ago for a few days away, only using fridge and the hob, so not much.
We came away a few days ago, and when the hob is on, if I light the heater(fire) the hob flame dies down and just about goes out, the fire flame is also low.
The obvious thing...... running out of gas, I thought this unusual as I’ve not used much, but paid a visit to a local auto gas fuel station and filled up, but it only took about £1.50, usually it takes around £7-£8.00.
Switching cylinders to the propane everything works fine with strong flames, and no drop in pressure.
I’ve removed the regulator to check the filter but it seems ok,
I’ve loosened the cylinder as much as I can to lift it, and it seems full (heavy)
Anyone have any ideas please.....
Bob.

By your description it would seem there is a problem with the take off on the gaslo cylinder. Perhaps it is blocked or if the later type the anti rupture device has operated?

Many thanks for the replies,
In a Ureka moment, thought, both regulators are the same type,
Switched them over...... and hey presto problem gone
Can’t believe I didn’t do that straight off
Again thank you guys for the responses
Nice to know problem solving is only an email away......
Bob

By your description it would seem there is a problem with the take off on the gaslo cylinder. Perhaps it is blocked or if the later type the anti rupture device has operated?
Hi rayc, is feared it might be the cylinder, without changing the obvious,,,,pleased it’s only the reg;

Many thanks for the replies,
In a Ureka moment, thought, both regulators are the same type,
Switched them over...... and hey presto problem gone
Can’t believe I didn’t do that straight off
Again thank you guys for the responses
Nice to know problem solving is only an email away......
Bob
That's the problem with trying to diagnose problems remotely without knowing the full facts. I assumed , obviously incorrectly, that you had a single bulkhead regulator and that was being used for whichever cylinder you were using.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back