Problem with Trumatic C 6002 EH

mblinko

When in winter mode with the space heater running on gas the heater works fine for a while and will then slow down and splutter to a stop and then the red red light comes on and the heater will not restart until the entire van power is recycled. No amount of turning off / on or up/ down helps. Has anyone else experienced this. It's in our 2006 Rapido 987M

I had this a few years ago. It took Truma two goes to fix it. It was fixed after they replaced a couple of fans. Or was it one? Anyway it was a faulty fan motor.

Are you using butane or propane? I would expect the symptoms that you describe if you use butane in cold weather.

This sounds very familiar to me.
The Truma has a fan assisted burner. The fan is therefor hot and the oil in the bearings dries out. On the fan assembly is a sensor and if the fan isn't blowing enough, you get a red light straight away.
I have to fix mine every couple of years - was shown to me by a Truma engineer in south Italy.
It would be worth a try - won't do any harm.
The fan is on a plate below and to the right of the main fan. It's held on by a few small torx screws. Undo the plate, remove the cable and CAREFULLY lift it out - it is very easy to catch the sensor.
Bit of light oil (NOT WD40) and make sure it spins easily. Reassemble and done.
Hope it fixes your problem

@mblinko Right on cue, mine died last night in the wilds of Donegal. 20 mins this morning and it's running like new again!
I can give you more detail on how to do it if it would help?

The Truma has a fan assisted burner. The fan is therefor hot and the oil in the bearings dries out. On the fan assembly is a sensor and if the fan isn't blowing enough, you get a red light straight away.
I have to fix mine every couple of years - was shown to me by a Truma engineer in south Italy.
The fan is on a plate below and to the right of the main fan. It's held on by a few small torx screws. Undo the plate, remove the cable and CAREFULLY lift it out - it is very easy to catch the sensor.
Hope it fixes your proble

@mblinko Right on cue, mine died last night in the wilds of Donegal. 20 mins this morning and it's running like new again!
I can give you more detail on how to do it if it would help?
Yes it could help anything is worth a try
All ideas wel be logged,thanks.

Hope it fixes your problem
Thanks but sadly we can't get past the main fan to do this

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back