Pump.and mirror problems.

sydnsue

1. Pump. I just turned on the 12V and the pump. It was making a motor running noise, not the usual rat a tat noise. It wouldn't pressurise. I noticed the water gauge, the red amber and green bars type, has the top green light (the light that normally shows tank full. After switching on and off several times and opening taps, it suddenly started the correct rat a tat noise correctly. Should I be worried? Day 2 of 5 weeks in Spain.

2. Had a coming together with mirrors. Ours is the long reach type with indicator. Beyond repair. How much are these from a dealer versus eBay copy? Should I wait until I get home to replace or find a Peugeot dealer?

Sounds like a huge air lock in your system think it will be a trial period for this
Mirrors are around £300 plus each from a dealer
I use this company around £70 make sure you state long arm type and if it's the drivers side make sure it has the outside temp sensor in it if yours has this
Look under the drivers mirror and you should se a wee probe ,do you have a outside temp display on your dash?

IMG_3935.pngIMG_3934.pngIMG_3933.png

Last edited:
Thanks. It's passenger side. Just been looking on eBay and £58. Versus £300 plus fitting at a dealer, I think I will wait until home and DIY. Still have 3000 miles to go though.

Thanks. It's passenger side. Just been looking on eBay and £58. Versus £300 plus fitting at a dealer, I think I will wait until home and DIY. Still have 3000 miles to go though.
I have just fitted the £58 drivers side mirror onto my Ducato, they do require a bit of fettling to get a good fit but everything works as it should and I would buy it again.

Sounds like a huge air lock in your system think it will be a trial period for this
Mirrors are around £300 plus each from a dealer
I use this company around £70 make sure you state long arm type and if it's the drivers side make sure it has the outside temp sensor in it if yours has this
Look under the drivers mirror and you should se a wee probe ,do you have a outside temp display on your dash?

View attachment 74065View attachment 74066View attachment 74067
That's cheep, when we bought our van the lady reduced the price by 1k because the mirror was broken, I was thinking she was being generous but it came in at £780

I have just fitted the £58 drivers side mirror onto my Ducato, they do require a bit of fettling to get a good fit but everything works as it should and I would buy it again.
Did all the cables go together ok? I see in the photos it comes with a small cable. What about the large harness that comes from the door pillar? Is it all just snap connectors?
I'm assuming the new mirror attaches to the existing heavy round bar.

Did all the cables go together ok? I see in the photos it comes with a small cable. What about the large harness that comes from the door pillar? Is it all just snap connectors?
I'm assuming the new mirror attaches to the existing heavy round bar.
Yes the cables for the heated glass and electric adjustment are on one plug that snaps into existing connector, the temp sensor is a seperate plug but this I believe is only on the driver side mirror.
The whole unit mirror head and arm is changed and secured with bolts through the door accessible by removing interior trim and remis blinds if you have them.
You tube is your friend for seeing how it’s done 👍

Yes the cables for the heated glass and electric adjustment are on one plug that snaps into existing connector, the temp sensor is a seperate plug but this I believe is only on the driver side mirror.
The whole unit mirror head and arm is changed and secured with bolts through the door accessible by removing interior trim and remis blinds if you have them.
You tube is your friend for seeing how it’s done 👍
I didn't realise it came with the chassis bar also.

If you can get one from Amazon they have pickup boxs all over you can have one shipped to you
Lots of fitting videos on you tube simple job ,os mirrors have a temp sender fitted in the bottom of the mirror not always supplied with a pattern mirror , apart from showing outside temp on dashboard it is part of the cat dpf regeneration system ,if it is a new van the radio antenna is fitted in the near side mirror.,

Lots of fitting videos on you tube simple job ,os mirrors have a temp sender fitted in the bottom of the mirror not always supplied with a pattern mirror , apart from showing outside temp on dashboard it is part of the cat dpf regeneration system ,if it is a new van the radio antenna is fitted in the near side mirror.,
I checked YouTube. Looks simple enough so log as you don't lose the connectors inside the door.

Back