Question to Owners of Truma Combi 6 E Water/Room Heater

wildebus

I am looking at the power specs of the Truma Combi 6 E Heater and I am really not understanding the numbers and I wonder if anyone with one of these could tell me what they mean?

Specs below taken from this page: https://www.truma.com/uk/en/products/truma-heater/combi-6e

Power consumption (at 12 V): operation of heater and water container
max. 6.5 A for short periods (average approx. 1.4 A)
Power consumption (at 12 V): heating water container
max. 0.4 A
Power consumption (at 230 V)
3.9 A / 7.8 A

What are the "heater and water container"? is this the water heater or is this the ROOM Heater AND the WATER Heater? or just the WATER?
With the power quoted of "6.5A for short periods" (so around 80Ws ish) - can't see how much water you can heat at that power? my Truma Boilers electric element is 800W and takes around a hour from very cold to hot for 10L. An 80W element would take nearly half a full day for 10L at the full 6.5A, so what would the "average approx 1.4A" be for?

"heating water container"? I am guessing by the wording that this is literally heating the container that holds the hot water? some kind of heating element that is meant to prevent freezing of the water? I am curious to know how much heating you can achieve at 0.4A @12V (about 5W of power)

This really makes little sense to me but the way the specs read implies you can run the heating off the battery until you apply a touch of reality.

Help!!

I may be wrong, but maybe these figures relate to the power used by the fans when the power for heating is provided by gas.

I think Bill is right, my understanding is that this combi runs on either lpg or mains or a combination of both. The 12v power draw relates to the fan operation which has a low/high setting, hence the variation in consumption dependant on inside temperature requirements. The boiler modes are hot water only, blown air heating only or a combination all set through the controller.

Thanks guys,
I have a customer who looked at the specs and is wondering "ah, looks like I can run it on the battery" the way the specs could be read but clearly that is not a goer and I can now explain what those numbers mean and say "no!"

My heater on the lowest fan setting draws about. •5 amps after warm up .when the heating is on it warms the Warter without water heating switched on .

Last edited:
Interestinh
We have a Truma setup
There is a seperate switch which (I believe0 uses 12v to stop the unit freezing. We rarely use this.
As stated the power for the heat is LPG but 12V used for the fan(s)
WE fing the fans only need to work for 5 to 15mins to get up to teemperature thusthe drain on the LB is OK
From Memory we can select Hot water onll and both HW and heating with HW
Ie Heating (air) only is not an option.
The temperarture dial goes from 1 to 9 and mainly 3 or 4 is quite warm enough
The
Power consumption (at 12 V): heating water container max. 0.4 A
Is useful as now We have 2 x 100Ah leisure batteries which will allow more use of this if needed

We have a medium sized van and are always comfortably warm
We use a combination of screens includinghanging a waterproof picnic blanket between the living area and the cab

Power consumption (at 12 V): operation of heater and water container
max. 6.5 A for short periods (average approx. 1.4 A)
I read this as being the power usage 2on startup whilst the fans are in use to "get warm quick"

Yes - the lower section of the Truma link page gives water warm up time on electric as 80 mins which is consistent with the mains immersion heater power.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back