Quick mixed grill

Robmac

I'm always looking for quick and easy meals to do in the MH and often use Parma ham or Prosciutto instead of bacon as it fries really quickly.

So, today I thought I would take this a step further and make a quick cooking mixed grill. (well when I say me obviously I mean 'er)

Ingredients;

1 diced onion
4 slices prosciutto instead of bacon
5 mini chorizo instead of sausages
handful of chicken livers instead of lamb/calves
Mushrooms
Small tin of tomatoes

She cooked it all in one pan apart from the mini chorizo which she put in the oven. The chorizo took the longest cooking time at 15 minutes, then she watched me eat it as she is vegetarian.

It really was delicious, I was particularly pleased with the chicken livers and will use them a lot more in future. We bought quite a lot and my son is making Pâté with what is left. I will next try them with bacon and onion gravy and mash I reckon.
tongue.gif

All ingredients came from Waitrose as we were in there this morning, but I reckon I could have got it all much cheaper at Lidl or Aldi and it would have been just as nice.​

You would be better on the vegetarian diet, with occasional meat.

I'm always looking for quick and easy meals to do in the MH and often use Parma ham or Prosciutto instead of bacon as it fries really quickly.​
So, today I thought I would take this a step further and make a quick cooking mixed grill. (well when I say me obviously I mean 'er)​
Ingredients;​
1 diced onion​
4 slices prosciutto instead of bacon​
5 mini chorizo instead of sausages​
handful of chicken livers instead of lamb/calves​
Mushrooms​
Small tin of tomatoes​
She cooked it all in one pan apart from the mini chorizo which she put in the oven. The chorizo took the longest cooking time at 15 minutes, then she watched me eat it as she is vegetarian.​
It really was delicious, I was particularly pleased with the chicken livers and will use them a lot more in future. We bought quite a lot and my son is making Pâté with what is left. I will next try them with bacon and onion gravy and mash I reckon.
tongue.gif
All ingredients came from Waitrose as we were in there this morning, but I reckon I could have got it all much cheaper at Lidl or Aldi and it would have been just as nice.​
I'm intrigued about the chicken livers. Can't say I've seen them for sale in Aldi- my fav shopping place. Except for the vegs. Had to take too many back. Has your other half tried the 85% dark chocolate they do? I recon she deserves it after cooking your breakfast so lovingly. ;)

I'm smiling - all these posts about food popping up not long after Christmas - are we suffering withdrawal symptoms after all that rich Christmas food I wonder? ;) :)

PS. Your lass deserves a medal, Rob ;) :D

I'm intrigued about the chicken livers. Can't say I've seen them for sale in Aldi- my fav shopping place. Except for the vegs. Had to take too many back. Has your other half tried the 85% dark chocolate they do? I recon she deserves it after cooking your breakfast so lovingly. ;)

Must admit I haven't seen chicken livers in Aldi, but certainly prosciutto and chorizo.

I'll buy her a bar of the dark choc, that'll be her birthday sorted.
biggrin.png

If you air dry you bacon from the butchers, it will dry up a lot and that will allow a quick fry up, it is boiling off the loads of water that is in it, packaged from the supermarket is soaking wet and takes ages. Italian hams are rather dear compared.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back