Until: Monday, June 3, 2019 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

Start: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 08:00 AM
End: Monday, June 3, 2019 - 01:00 PM

ADMAR

I would like 3 nights starting Wednesday please. 8.4 metre motorhome.

Laurel

How can we get tickets for this event , we will be in Anglesey for 3 weeks staying in a house dogsitting so no need to join rally .i can’t find the air show advertised anywhere so not sure if this is a motorhome special or open to the public

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser
Hello
This is a special event that is organised by the campsite for our group , however I do believe there are spectator points in the town , If you call the airbase direct , they will advise you how you can view the air show . Many thanks

Last edited:

Laurel

Hello
This is a special event that is organised by the campsite for our group , however I do believe there are spectator points in the town , If you call the airbase direct , they will advise you how you can attend the air show . Many thanks
Thank you for the advise I will call them, I have a few friend photographers who would like to attend

Here is the list

1. Phil Squadron leader
  2. Molly3
  3. Campervanannie
  4. Ian1950
  5. Lee
  6. Oppy
  7. Chrisb1701
  8. Yorkslass
  9. Benylin
  10. Mikan
  11. chrsrwins
  12. Ironduck
  13. Papa Bongo
  14. Trundlebus
  15. Ian Thomas
  16. Ray
  17. Saxonborg
  18. Rfs
  19. Old Man Down
  20. LENCHEN
  21. Ray
  22. Dobbie
  23. Peter51
  24. debs
  25. Horace
  26. TheCoggins
  27. TinTentDucato
  28. Mobilvetta
  29. Nil
  30. ADMAR
  31. Chipvan
  32. 2cv
  33. goody2shoes
Pleae put us down please

Hi Jeff. If it’s not too late can you add Jeff and I to the list.

Cheers Chris.

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser
Hi Chris

There is still plenty of room on the site , I have put your names down , See you both at Holmfirth (y)

Meloc8

After the great success of 2018 I have arranged another rally at RAF Valley family day Air Show , Anglesey Wales, Arrive Wednesday May 29th until June 3rd 2019 , you can come early and leave later if required . The family day is on Thursday 30th of May and you will be collected by the RAF base bus and taken from the campsite to the heart of the air show right at the base , also taken back to the campsite after the show . Please don't arrive on this day as Thursday will be very busy and Phil or Carl wont be able to check you in

Trewan house campsite just outside Rhosneigr town, about 25 min walk away . This site is very quiet overlooking

Rhosneigr bay and spectacular views of Snowdonia mountains , there is a railway line run at the back of the site but the noise is minimal and trains stop in the evening The price is £10 per unit per night this gives you access to the showers and toilets and also waste disposal.
There are also a few EHU available at £5 per day

The site is also dog friendly ( Dogs don't have to be on a lead but must be kept under control at all times and ALL poop must be cleaned up. If this is not adhered to then Phil will ask for all dogs to be put on the lead ) It is probably most dog friendly site in Wales.

If you want to come put your name down here

Due to this being a mid week Rally me and Lorraine cannot attend , so unless any different Phil will be the Squadron Leader for the event

Trewan House
Trewan Sands Crossing
Bryngwran
Isle of Anglesey
LL65 3SW

Important

Follow these directions not your sat nav or you will get stranded on narrow lanes

A55 junction 5 Rhosneigr , turn right at the top of the slip road ( if your sat nav tries to turn you left IGNORE it as you will end up going down a very narrow and winding lane) go across the next roundabout then turn left at the next junction that will bring you into Bryngwran go past the pub on your l/h side then take next left at the cream coloured house, travel along the road past the petrol station then take next right at the large detached white house,( About 1/2 mile down the road after the petrol station ) go down the lane,it turns into a single track but don't worry as it is only for a short distance and keep right at the bottom it is sign posted Trawan House, go over a small bridge then over a cattle grid onto gravel road go past the two campsites on the left and keep right down the gravel track through the golf course and the site is at the end of the track ( A big white building ) The Roads are typical welsh roads so take care , I have taken my 7.5m autotrail down the lanes without any issues
Hi Jeff can you book us in please.

SueS

I can't find any info about the RAF Valley Air Show anywhere except in this discussion.
I can't find anything about last year's rally on Motorhomer.com either. We'd like to come but would like to know more about the air show.
Please can you point me in the right direction?

SueS

2cv

I can't find any info about the RAF Valley Air Show anywhere except in this discussion.
I can't find anything about last year's rally on Motorhomer.com either. We'd like to come but would like to know more about the air show.

SueS
Page 1 of this threaf gives the details for the meet.
Last year the meets were still on WC, the archived thread is HERE

Phil

Forum Admin

SueS
Hi SueS,

The Air show is a closed family day and is not open to the public.

It is a smallish show and feels more like a town carnival with stalls and food sellers.

Here is a youtube video that someone has made of the show. They are not on the base so they are not as close to the planes as we were.

Phil

Forum Admin
Can I remind members that EHU pitches must be booked in advance?
So please state if you want a hookup.

Can I also ask people to make sure they have fully read and understood the first post in this thread?

RoaminRog

Rally Organiser
If there is any room at this Meet Jeff, we would love to come along again.
I think Chris just wants to chat up the SL again!
No EHU required.

2cv

Please can we have ehu too, we should just be Wednesday and Thursday nights.

4x4man

wing commander 4x4man and his lady would love to join in and with hookup if poss