RAINEX———DOES WHAT THE CAN SAYS

The laird

Rally Organiser

JUST BEEN OUT AND APPLIED RAINEX TO ALL EXTERIOR VAN GLASS .JUST GOT IT DONE CAME IN FOR A CUPPAAND LO AND BEHOLD IT STARTED TO PI- - down,
Just went out and cleaned the dash with dash dandy and silicone spray and have sat watching the rain water disperse off all the ex glass
I’ve used rainex for years even on my trucks great product ,on my hymer the mirrors are not heated and rainex makes a huge difference as when you travel the air actually blows the water off the mirrors and reduces the use of wipers .give it a try even on your toilet bowl as you don’t need to use as much flush water ,win win all round in my opinion .
If you try or use it already post your results here for others to benefit from

Like you I have used it for years on all my vehicles. Strangely the faster you go the clearer your screen.

Found it expensive and as the price kept rising I found an alternative in Mer Rainaway in 500ml bottles sourced from ebay but the supplier has disappeared. Also it eats rubber wiper blades as it fades by making them hard and eventually if it's not frequently renewed the wipers will judder when you eventually have to use them. Fantastic product for log distances on motorways as you can drive in any weather without having the wiper on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like you I have used it for years on all my vehicles. Strangely the faster you go the clearer your screen.
Saves a lot on the old screen wash etc it’s not cheap rainex but it really does do the work even when in France I used it in the very hot weather and I would spray muck off on the screen leave it for five mins then hose off with little effort again great result imho

Great on bike helmet visors years ago, but that version was not recommended for windscreens, so they must have updated the recipe.

I said the earlier version, do keep up at the back :D :D

Costco do a great deal on a double pack of rainex. I tried a different make a while back and it smeared like hell. Autoglim fast glass is a great product to clean glass

Yes fast glass is great. Another Autoglym product I use is Caravan and motorhome cleaner. I have found using it neat on silicone seals and scrubbing with an old toothbrush cleans exterior silicone brilliantly, just remember to rinse immediately with water.

Reactions: 2cv
Just been reading some reviews of rain X. As well as damage to the rubber on the wipers, critics say there is a mist on the windscreen after the windscreen wipers have passed. Do you see this?

Just been reading some reviews of rain X. As well as damage to the rubber on the wipers, critics say there is a mist on the windscreen after the windscreen wipers have passed. Do you see this?
In a word, "Yes"! I tried Rain-X on one of my cars and it was great for about a week, after which it started smearing (like a streaky mist) every time the wipers passed. This got worse fairly quickly. It took ages to get the stuff off the windscreen enough so that I was happy to drive in the rain.

Never had any damage to wiper rubbers ,would say a slight misting but nothing bad imho.

In my experience of use over 20 years motorway commuting to a job on shift Rain-x is best at night in total darkness. The faster you go, with wipers off, the clearer the windscreen and you don't see the rain at all but if it's heavy you can hear it on the screen. The mist appears when the rain is light and under street lighting. During the day it is ok and brilliant when passing trucks as the spray from the wheels just disappears. It is also affected by the position of the wipers at rest - if the wipers park below the bonnet line and the airflow is unobstructed it's good, however if the parked wipers are visible on the screen then the airflow is disturbed and the Rain-x is less efficient. I have noticed this when driving different cars during my time commuting. There appears to be a threshold speed below which the wipers are necessary but above this the rain drops are driven away by the airflow as if by magic. For the price of a bottle it's worth a try if you do a lot of motorway driving and as a test it could be applied to the passengers side only to see the results first before comiting to the whole screen - if it's not for you it will wear off after about a week.

Found rain x excellent for the rear view camera kept a lot of road spray off . Tried without and had to clean every services. With almost did a full trip stil had to wipe occasionally but easy to clean.

Unfortunately rear spray is a bugger to deal with no easy answer to that one I’m afraid

Ok. Bought some. Had the choice of a cleaner / Rain X spray or a bottle to be wiped onto clean glass. Went for the latter. Will try on shower glass, toilet and wing mirrors (and possibly the car windscreen). Really need to be sure we’re not going to have mist and visibility problems with our most precious possession - the Motorhome.

Bottle is what I use ,I apply with a damp cloth let it sit a few minutes then buff off ,you do it as per instructions ,think you will enjoy results ,mind and do the toilet bowl as well?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back