Ready for Anything

2cv

Posted in the Bentley owners fb group:

We were told on arrival at Southport C&MC site that a number of the pitches can flood in really bad weather but nothing prepared us for a neighbour’s answer to the possibility.

IMG_6779.jpeg

They are right about that. When we stayed there, a couple of caravans woke up to flooded awnings,

We were told on arrival at Southport C&MC site that a number of the pitches can flood in really bad weather but nothing prepared us for a neighbour’s answer to the possibility.

View attachment 73168
Yeah we saw one of those in 🇵🇹but seriously, off roader, but how many off roads could you get that down, under 🌲 etc😫

I've often told our sons that shortly before you pop your clogs the things you will regret most in life will be the things you didn't do.

For me, it was not giving up a career that I loved, and simply buying and converting a Unimog to travel anywhere that I fancied. It would have been very selfish, but that will be my regret.

View attachment 73168
Met an English/Swedish couple at Santa Margarita los monjos with one of these. They were not entirely impressed when I said that, having spent all that money, I would have coughed up a little more and installed a lift instead of the staircase ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Was parked next to a similar MAN vehicle in Holland a few years back the guy driving it trashed the whole campsite tore up all the newly laid grass then wrecked a few light bollards and reversed through the main barrier. He had just picked it up from the factory that day some sort of business man that probably never drove that size truck before. He was planning to travel to South America with it. He paid for all the damage he done he’s probably skint now paying for all the stuff he’s damaged.

There were several at last weekends VLF24 in Shrewsbury, the usual crowd that also go to the Overlander show at Stratford
Phil spent his weekend sitting by a smaller but equally imposing 4x4 Sprinter Overlander with an excess of Victron kit in the back 😉

These are not budget friendly vehicles, and make even a relatively expensive motor caravan look cheap

Some of my FB ‘friends’ have them as well as a couple of real friends.

Their overlanding capabilities are really only limited by the owner’s imagination, temperature tolerance and field repair skills.

Here’s a trailer made by Matt Payne, & the entire trip is definitely worth watching!

Back