ready for scotland

Great idea! Where did you buy or put into a search engine?
Edward

We got a similar type of thing about 15 years ago from a friend that fitted over a patio brolly and had enough space for 2 folks to sit inside with a wee table. It was/is handy to have a place to lay glass of vino and book. Problem.... Bitten when you moved out side! Midgy head networks too.

Never used Smidge, how good is it? I always use Avons Skin So Soft, Coz I'm wurf it.

I'll have to give it a try, Avon make me smell nice though :) :)

• Funny
Reactions: 2cv
Never used Smidge, how good is it? I always use Avons Skin So Soft, Coz I'm wurf it.
Smidge and Avon SSS work differently. The idea with SSS is that you put on a layer that the midgies can't bite through. Smidge on other hand interferes with their receptors so they're less likely to find you and it's what we all use hereabouts. Almost every shop here has boxes of it by the till. I have a can in each rucksack and in my shoulder bag, and two in the van (a bit OTT but I hate being midged). Everybody I know also carries a midge net of course and thin gloves etc so that every single bit of skin can be covered. But when the Highland Midgies are rampant nothing will do the trick and you just have to go indoors. In a van this means no ventilation, including the cab vents, cos most fly screens (probably including the ones in the OP) aren't fine enough to keep out these little biters which have a wingspan of 2 millimetres.
Women's tights over the head sounds an interesting trick. Now where have I heard that one before ..... ?

I have in the past, sprayed SSS around the windows, I also found the little buggers do not like being inside, so as an experiment I left the windows open no blinds, and they do come in but most leave quickly when it's starting to get dark I'll close the windows and they try to escape but get stuck to the SSS, so come morning I just clean the windows

Dont know where you are heading but we've been right up east coast, onto Orkney,back and along north coast and down to Ullapool and not seen the blighters yet...
K ;)

Ken we used to make our own midge hats out of woman’s tights and a couple of steel coat hangers don’t know if it was the smell off the used tights but the midges never came near.
I thought that would have attracted the flies Wull.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back