Real World Test for New Lithium Battery - Happy

marchie

Pumped 130+ Litres of fresh water through the Tanks to flush the descaling solution out of the shower, bathroom tap and kitchen tap and then used the Inverter to power the Induction on Level 3 [between 40-45 Amps] for 20 minutes to warm up soup from cold, ona dreich Fife Day where the Solar Panel chipped in a maximum 16W, but mainly less than 10W. The 230Ah Roamer Seatbase Battery lost some 16Ah of power, finishing at 12.78V from an initial 13.39V [but bounced back to 13.11V when the Inverter switched off, and has climber back to 13.26V over the next 90 minutes, with the Solar Panel contribution falling to 1W ...

Very happy with the Battery's performance, being able to support the Inverter use with negligible Solar input, and still retaining 93% SOC so adequate reserves for electric bed motor, lighting and toothbrush + phone charging and keeping the VB charged too

Steve

Pumped 130+ Litres of fresh water through the Tanks to flush the descaling solution out of the shower, bathroom tap and kitchen tap and then used the Inverter to power the Induction on Level 3 [between 40-45 Amps] for 20 minutes to warm up soup from cold, ona dreich Fife Day where the Solar Panel chipped in a maximum 16W, but mainly less than 10W. The 230Ah Roamer Seatbase Battery lost some 16Ah of power, finishing at 12.78V from an initial 13.39V [but bounced back to 13.11V when the Inverter switched off, and has climber back to 13.26V over the next 90 minutes, with the Solar Panel contribution falling to 1W ...

Very happy with the Battery's performance, being able to support the Inverter use with negligible Solar input, and still retaining 93% SOC so adequate reserves for electric bed motor, lighting and toothbrush + phone charging and keeping the VB charged too

Steve
But the key question .... do you have to leave the inverter on to stop the battery falling asleep after a while?

But the key question .... do you have to leave the inverter on to stop the battery falling asleep after a while?
Not so far, David! But the Roamer App is a wee bit clunky, and may need to scan 3-4 times before finding the Battery [having first found every other Bluetooth device in the Road!]. The live data works well, and the Protect State screen breaks all problems into zones, such as Charging, Discharging, State of Charge etc, with 3 Letter Codes to identify the problem. The only quirk I can find is the normal Charge/Discharge indicator functions appearing in the Protect State Tab, as though they are faults!

The Battery has yet to complete it's first Cycle, so the Cells are slightly out of kilter; when the Battery is charging, Cell 4 sits higher than Cells 1-3, whereas the Discharging under load causes Cell 1 to be out of sync, but the difference is shrinking to a few thousandths MVa

Still haven't managed to get the ABB07 to set up properly, but I have been busy running in and out of the flat with 5 litre containers of water for tank fills, sterilising, descaling and the consequent system flushing [inside the Van still stinks like a swimming pool], to focus on this. I have switched the AMT12 to constant VB top up with the lack of solar input; I have no wish to cancel another Trip with just over 2 weeks to go, because of Battery problems and ECU damage!

Steve

Not so far, David! But the Roamer App is a wee bit clunky, and may need to scan 3-4 times before finding the Battery [having first found every other Bluetooth device in the Road!]. The live data works well, and the Protect State screen breaks all problems into zones, such as Charging, Discharging, State of Charge etc, with 3 Letter Codes to identify the problem. The only quirk I can find is the normal Charge/Discharge indicator functions appearing in the Protect State Tab, as though they are faults!
..... I really should make sure I have my glasses on when reading the screen ....
As I scanned your reply I read the bit I highlighted above as "prostate tab" and thought ..."that's an unusual option for a battery :unsure:

:LOL:

The Battery has yet to complete it's first Cycle, so the Cells are slightly out of kilter; when the Battery is charging, Cell 4 sits higher than Cells 1-3, whereas the Discharging under load causes Cell 1 to be out of sync, but the difference is shrinking to a few thousandths MVa
That will be totally normal. As batteries go under load and on charge, the different cells respond differently (even Grade A ones!) so will start to vary (how much depends on how well the cells were tested and matched in the Battery factory. The better the battery, the closer they get matched, but that costs time and money so some companies curtail that checking to a degree to save money and sell their batteries cheaper. But even the best ones vary in use. One key function of the BMS is to balance the cells, but as Merl pointed out in a post on the forum, this balancing is always at a very low current so happens when the batteries are pretty well at rest.

Still haven't managed to get the ABB07 to set up properly, but I have been busy running in and out of the flat with 5 litre containers of water for tank fills, sterilising, descaling and the consequent system flushing [inside the Van still stinks like a swimming pool], to focus on this. I have switched the AMT12 to constant VB top up with the lack of solar input; I have no wish to cancel another Trip with just over 2 weeks to go, because of Battery problems and ECU damage!

Steve
Makes sense. I tend to leave my AMT on override this time of year when solar is poor and van sits around doing nothing. The ABB is purely a monitoring device as you know, so the fact you cannot connect to it at the moment will not impact the operation of the AMT (y)

@marchie 20 minutes to warm a tin of soup???

I would have to wait til next day for it to have cooled enough to eat 😂😂😂🤪😜

@marchie 20 minutes to warm a tin of soup???

I would have to wait til next day for it to have cooled enough to eat 😂😂😂🤪😜
Not a TIN of soup, Neil, 2 large bowls of home made Spinach soup that had been sitting in the fridge all morning! And we set the Induction Hob at Level 3 of 5 [the latter being 800w maximum] to warm the soup slowly, and to monitor how the battery reacted to a long'ish, mid-range power drain in poor solar, after a morning flushing the water tank and water heater, so lots of use of the pump to flush the taps and pipes :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Not a TIN of soup, Neil, 2 large bowls of home made Spinach soup that had been sitting in the fridge all morning! And we set the Induction Hob at Level 3 of 5 [the latter being 800w maximum] to warm the soup slowly, and to monitor how the battery reacted to a long'ish, mid-range power drain in poor solar, after a morning flushing the water tank and water heater, so lots of use of the pump to flush the taps and pipes :ROFLMAO:

Steve
I forget your OCD, I bet you follow all cooking instruction lol

I put something on full power and just turn down as it starts to get to the boil. I suppose I have to cook things quicker as I am a slow eater so time will balance out a bit 😂😂😂

I forget your OCD, I bet you follow all cooking instruction lol

I put something on full power and just turn down as it starts to get to the boil. I suppose I have to cook things quicker as I am a slow eater so time will balance out a bit 😂😂😂
Naw, Neil, it's Elaine who is the cooking maestro, because she CAN, and does improvise! I can't, so I stick to monitoring the Inverter, Battery SOC, and the stuff where I can put a number on the forecast/outcome etc. OCD is much too relaxed and blasé for me ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Naw, Neil, it's Elaine who is the cooking maestro, because she CAN, and does improvise! I can't, so I stick to monitoring the Inverter, Battery SOC, and the stuff where I can put a number on the forecast/outcome etc. OCD is much too relaxed and blasé for me ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Elaine puts the food on the plate and in the cups; Steve empties it out :) Teamwork

Elaine puts the food on the plate and in the cups; Steve empties it out :) Teamwork
Naw, David, Elaine pours the coffee; straight into my lap during last year's 'Trip' to Kelso. My fault; I should have said it was a Rally rather than a Trip :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back