Rearview mirror/camera fell off

spike1

I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for getting this stuck bsck on the windscreen as the arm which it is arched to is heavier than the mirror and I have tried 3 ways to do it and each time it has not stuck.
Not sure if window repair place will do it but it may cost a lot.
I have rim blinds I think they are called so it has to be placed just right. Any help appreciated. Thank you
Mark

Is there a part still adhered to the glass? If so hopefully it’s the keep plate and it may be just a case of re-engaging the arm on to it by offering at 90 degrees then if you manage to connect turn it to lock in place.

3M used to do a double sided tape for sticking stuff to windscreens, you had to make sure screen was properly clean before use but it worked very well.

I 'stick' my Sat-Nav in the place a rear view mirror would be if it was still a van using just the suction cup arrangement that came with it. That works pretty well also but if I do knock it off a good clean has it fixed again.

Is that two possibilities to look at? Good luck

I have fitted many mirrors back on the screen , the correct method is to use a sticky pad available from the main dealer or windscreen company thoroughly clean and degrees the screen , the green side of the new pad fits to the screen ,these are specifically made for the job .

Last edited:
I have fitted many mirrors back on the screen , the correct method is to use a sticky pad available from the main dealer or windscreen company thoroughly clean and degrees the screen , the green side of the new pad fits to the screen ,these are specifically made for the job .
Thats the things I meant Baz, ones I used were made by 3M. Its what a windscreen fitter suggested to me years ago :)

He's not been back to read the thread since posting the OP

Back