Recipes

2cv

Recipes

Anyone got any recipes suitable for use in a motorhome?

Real soul food this one. I put it on a few months ago too but in case you missed it- One ham hock. One 500g pack of red lentils. One large onion. Two large carrots. Plenty of white pepper. Large cauldron filled with water. Place hock in as is. Chop veg to your liking and add. Add pepper. Bring to boil then simmer for as long as you like and until at least the meat is falling off the joint. This usually takes around 3/4 hrs. Discard skin/fat if you want. Pull meat from bone and break up a bit. Eat piping hot with any side you like or not!

Can't really add anything to the thread, but i will be watching, and would prefer meals which are ready to eat in an hour or under, mainly to keep the gas usage down.

Just thinking we used to run our Wilko 3 litre slow cooker on the move from the inverter, took it out about 3 vans back, must unearth it for next year, handy for us as we don't use sites so no hook up or microwave.

I love Cous Cous and it's so quick and easy.

A few chillis, peppers and spices added, plus the meat or fish of your choice, makes a great meal.

Pudsey Bear;n14680 said:
Can't really add anything to the thread, but i will be watching, and would prefer meals which are ready to eat in an hour or under, mainly to keep the gas usage down.

Just thinking we used to run our Wilko 3 litre slow cooker on the move from the inverter, took it out about 3 vans back, must unearth it for next year, handy for us as we don't use sites so no hook up or microwave.

We often take frozen meals in tupperware boxes (Chillis, Stews, Soups etc).

The frozen blocks help to keep the fridge cool and they will slowly defrost and be good for a few days. The ones for later in the week can be put in the freezer compartment, which although small, will hold meals for a couple of days towards the end of the week.

My favouriets one-pot meal.
For two people:
Any of cubes of chicken, balls of sausage meat, bits of bacon, flakes of fish and cubes of Spam fried to seal.
Usually: Chopped onion, four desert spoons of Arborio rice and a diced celery stick.
Vegetables varied to taste e.g. a courgette, a carrot, 6 or so green olives, 6 or so capers, spring onion, leak or what takes your fancy.
The liquid: Desert spoonful of a suitable (red or green) pesto or half a can of chopped tomatoes.
Boil up a kettle of water.
In a pan seal the meat/fry it a bit. Sweat down the onion.
Chuck the rest into the pan. Add enough water to keep it fluid for the next twenty minutes or so and watch the rice bloat. When it’s not too sloppy it is ready to serve unless your want to stir a thumb size piece of a soft cheese.

Fry up some diced onion.

Chuck in some chopped mushrooms.

Soy sauce.

Chilli powder or chopped chillis.

Couple of spoons of Turmeric.

Bag of instant noodles
Water and boil for a few minutes.

When done;

Handful of prawns, or diced ham or chicken and stir in.

TeaSpoon full of Philadelphia cheese and stir in.

Takes 5-10 minutes from start to finish.

Hard fry decent chopped up thin smoked bacon to crispy along with good amount of diced mushrooms(my favourite are chestnut) while cooking good amount of spaghetti. Make a cheese sauce-your own or packet. When spag is al dente chop with scissors and put the lot in an oven dish and mix it all together. Oven it for 30 mins medium heat with or without lid-put a grated cheese top on it if no lid and then- scoff the lot! It would be very, very rude not to!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back