Remoska Recipe's and Tips

Iandsm

I finally made up my mind and bought a Remoska, the standard one from Alza which has arrived. I have also purchased the recipe book and am awaiting delivery of that. The Remoska appears a sturdy little device and I am looking forward to using it both in the motorhome and at home. I know there are lots of people who have purchased a Remoska so I thought it would be good idea for us to share recipes and tips. Given the number of people who use them there must be a wealth of information out there, let's share it.

Pleas post you recipe's and tips below.

That and the pressure cooker are my go to devices.
Used the Remoska for so many things ... lasagne, casseroles, reheating dishes, ready meals in trays ... and the best ever roast potatoes.
Once you get into using it, you will use it as a replacement oven and a hob.

You can use it for anything you fry, bake or casserole. Just remember that it takes quite a lot longer than conventional cooking. I used one for a long time but now prefer an electric frying pan and a small steamer as my cooking methods in the MoHo

I tried this one las night, very impressed.

Apple Bread Pudding.

500g/1lb Bramley apples weighed when peeled and sliced.
(about a £1 coin thick)
1 good tbsp of raisins soaked in 2 tbsp of brandy (brandy is optional) 1 orange, juice and rind
50g/2oz caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
5 slices of light fruit bread (or enough to cover the apples)
Butter to cover the bread
3 eggs
250ml/8floz milk
50ml/2fl oz double cream
50g/2oz caster sugar.

I left out the fruit bread just used ordinary white and I cut the quantities by half. It was very tasty served warm with ice cream

I tried this one las night, very impressed.

Apple Bread Pudding.

500g/1lb Bramley apples weighed when peeled and sliced.
(about a £1 coin thick)
1 good tbsp of raisins soaked in 2 tbsp of brandy (brandy is optional) 1 orange, juice and rind
50g/2oz caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
5 slices of light fruit bread (or enough to cover the apples)
Butter to cover the bread
3 eggs
250ml/8floz milk
50ml/2fl oz double cream
50g/2oz caster sugar.

I left out the fruit bread just used ordinary white and I cut the quantities by half. It was very tasty served warm with ice cream

Brandy optional as it rum !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back