Removing Ants!

Just looked at the link, but nothing about the environmental impact. But then I don’t suppose killing an entire colony of ants is “green”.

Just looked at the link, but nothing about the environmental impact. But then I don’t suppose killing an entire colony of ants is “green”.

The OP didn't mention anything about environmental impact so it didnt cross my mind tbh...

Graham
smile.gif

Just spent 9 nights in Sorrento and we seem to have adopted a frickin' colony of tiny ants.

Last night we spent hours killing the buggers with a kitchen roll paper.
We have just moved north to the Italian mountains.
As we left the campsite in Sorrento and filled with water etc, I hosed down the outside of the MH. Hoping that we would only have a few left on the inside to deal with.
I was wrong, we still seem to have thousands of them inside and outside. We have spent another couple of hours tonight killing them.

When you think you got most of them a couple more hundred appear.

Apart from using disinfect(ANT) (sorry ;-) ). Any suggestions for getting ride of them ?

Just spent 9 nights in Sorrento and we seem to have adopted a frickin' colony of tiny ants.

Last night we spent hours killing the buggers with a kitchen roll paper.
We have just moved north to the Italian mountains.
As we left the campsite in Sorrento and filled with water etc, I hosed down the outside of the MH. Hoping that we would only have a few left on the inside to deal with.
I was wrong, we still seem to have thousands of them inside and outside. We have spent another couple of hours tonight killing them.

When you think you got most of them a couple more hundred appear.

Apart from using disinfect(ANT) (sorry ;-) ). Any suggestions for getting ride of them ?
Use a hand held vacuum cleaner.

I sympathise.
But at least you can use ant powder or similar.

Umpteen years ago we stayed near Stratford upon Avon in our then caravan..
Only to find the next day that earwigs infested the area and the van and the car.
They were in everything that was dark and warm. Hundreds of 'em.
It took literally ages to finally get rid of them all.

They are Refugee Ants so they should apply for asylum in the country you found them in.

Refugee Ants

We used to avoid round areas of dead grass when camping in France. Usually meant someone had poured a kettle of hot water over an ants nest. From past experience they don't like fly killer as it has a nasty habit of killing them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back