Removing battery’s

Carrotts

Hi all. Two banner 100ah battery’s. connected together pos to pos. neg to neg poss in. To batt 1. Neg. to batt 2. Is it ok to disconnect one battery. Bench test etc 48 hours refit it Then remove batt 2. Bench test it. Refit it. Leaving solar etc connected to in situ batt. Making sure leads touch nothing. Brian

Just make sure you don't do anything shocking!
One thing to watch out for is when you reconnect the battery make sure both are in about the same state of charge.
The reason for this is that a lot of current might flow when they try to equalise.

Thanks. I thought if I removed one charged it ect. Refitted it. did the same to no 2. Refitted it. Not using Moho between the times of removal they should be the same. Brian

Hi all ok one batt out. Topped up with 3 LITREs batt top up water. Still could do with a bit more One batt. Think that is more then a top up. Have put batt on bench charge but Do not hold out much hope. Look out alpha Carrotts heading your way !!!!!!!!!

That's a lot of water! I suspect (no doubt resident pedants will ask for evidence😀) that it was nearly dry!
Apparently Banner are renowned for not being maintenance free and needing regular top ups.
You may be lucky but one bad battery will spoil the other pretty quickly and will put a severe load on your charging system.
Multiple batteries ought to be same age and condition so single replacement may not be best solution.

Hi all. Well on charge 20 hours disconnect charger. Batt on meter shows 13.5. Two hours later battery sitting on bench nothing connected. Reads 7.8 v So hello alpha. Batts due Friday. Two varta. 100 ah. Fit them fri/ sat. Then next week go for two night break down the road. Give them a trial run. In mourning at moment. Just accidently killed three moths when I got my wallet out to pay alpha. All for now brian.

Hi all. Well on charge 20 hours disconnect charger. Batt on meter shows 13.5. Two hours later battery sitting on bench nothing connected. Reads 7.8 v So hello alpha. Batts due Friday. Two varta. 100 ah. Fit them fri/ sat. Then next week go for two night break down the road. Give them a trial run. In mourning at moment. Just accidently killed three moths when I got my wallet out to pay alpha. All for now brian.
I don't think you can go far wrong with Varta 👍

Regards,
Del

Yes Varta powerframe batteries are the business.
No maintenance and despite the loss of wildlife pretty cheap for what you get.
Not having to remember to mess about topping up will probably mean that they last much longer than the old Banners.

Which Varta power frame batteries did you get from Alpha ?
looking at the Alpha website and couldnt spot any Varta 100 amp LFD power frame. They only show 75, 90, 180 & 230 amp.

Hi all. Oops must be going mad. Reread the email of alpha. Not varta. The batts are. Yuasa 100 ah. EFB. L 36 £109.99 each. This was there recommendation to replace the banners. Sorry to mislead you with wrong info Must try to rectify what I read to be the same as what I say/ type. I know. Over 70 it’s called. !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! Now I can’t remember. Brian

Hi all. Oops must be going mad. Reread the email of alpha. Not varta. The batts are. Yuasa 100 ah. EFB. L 36 £109.99 each. This was there recommendation to replace the banners. Sorry to mislead you with wrong info Must try to rectify what I read to be the same as what I say/ type. I know. Over 70 it’s called. !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! Now I can’t remember. Brian

Had a pair Yuasa Feb l36 in my previous pvc, over 2 years until I sold it they worked fine.

I think Bosch and Varta are the same battery, so if you find Bosch cheaper then I would buy them instead.
If you have access to a Costco card they are normally very well priced.
I bought two Bosch a year ago and they have been good.

Hi all. Batts arrived today removed one installed one. Removed second installed second. Control panel says 13,6. %100 Meter reads 13.5. Leave it till sat pm. Reread. Then ehu till Monday am. Reread. Then mon pm tues. we’d. Thur. look out wild world here we come. Well an hour down the road and test a few things etc. Thank you for all info. Brian

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back