Repatriating Animals

Lorraine

Rally Organiser

We search for the most suitable travel insurance for ourselves, but say something unwilling happens, does anybody know of any pet insurance that covers the return of your pets to the UK if you are travelling in another country.

We take the Camping & Caravan Club insurance with Intana, which covers us and will repatriate a pet if they are repatriating us at the same time. It also covers a couple of other issues for your pet. I've found it reasonably priced. You can look at the documents online to see if it's suitable: https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/insurance/travel-insurance/ (Its the "Intana Personal Travel Wording 2019 V2, P31)

Breakdown cover will also cover you and pets I was advised to make it known we had dogs if we needed recovery… As some of the recovery people may be allergic to or not like dogs.

Breakdown cover will also cover you and pets I was advised to make it known we had dogs if we needed recovery… As some of the recovery people may be allergic to or not like dogs.
Had a look at a couple of policies, no mention of pet recovery if your van has to be recovered from abroad.

Again the Intana Vehicle Insurance says it will help arrange care and recovery of your pet and "a recovery agent or other carrier may agree
to a reasonable request to transport Your pet animal or livestock at the same time as recovering You and/or Your Insured Vehicle". I have recovery included with Safeguard but they will not include our pet in the recovery. That's why we have the Intana Personal Insurance referred to above.

Again the Intana Vehicle Insurance says it will help arrange care and recovery of your pet and "a recovery agent or other carrier may agree
to a reasonable request to transport Your pet animal or livestock at the same time as recovering You and/or Your Insured Vehicle". I have recovery included with Safeguard but they will not include our pet in the recovery. That's why we have the Intana Personal Insurance referred to above.
My question is please forgive me but what if anything happens to you both causing bad injury or death will your pet be transported back to the UK

My question is please forgive me but what if anything happens to you both causing bad injury or death will your pet be transported back to the UK
If we were involved in anything that caused a bad injury or death I am sure our kids would come over to wherever we are (probably checking our pockets for a will), I expect they would look after our Roxxy and take her home with them

A good question. The Intana Personal policy says it will repatriate your pet if they are repatriating you, or if deceased, your body or ashes, to the UK.

Once you find an insurer that seems to meet your needs you could ask them that question.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back