Replaced rear lights

TissyD

I have just had our 23 year old Fiat Ducato resprayed and fitted new LED rear light clusters. The indicators are now flashing fast, do I have to change the flasher unit to compensate or do I do something else.

They are fitted into the indicator wires near each bulb - the problem with LEDs is they use so little watts that the flasher unit think because of the lack of resistance that a bulb (s) is faulty. The ones I saw on ebay are supplied with scotchlock connectors which I suppose are adequate. I use spring lever connectors on my mh wiring - done a lot of internal led's - (Toolstation part no 65246). You just lift the levers, push in your bared cables and push shut. Very secure but if they are never to be disturbed again then some extra insulating tape wouldn't go amiss. £2.87 for 10 pack, although you only need 4 obviously. Or use the scotchlocks. Bob.

Last edited:
Is it possible to buy the bulbs with the extra resistance built in?

Hi, we replaced headlight bulbs on our Tranny Custom with LEDs which had the resistors. built in (from Amazon) and they are great. Couldn't find them for the rear bulb clusters though.

Mark, we bought these type of rears for our 68 plate Custom Sport - they were so dull we had to replace them with the originals. They were expensive and now lying in our workshop. The replacement led headlamp bulbs on the other hand are really good. Bob.

We have these on our Miami but had to leave the original bulbs in the middle to create resistance.

Click to view larger image
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
LED Ring Rear TAIL Light/lamp Autotrail motorhome Ducato Mohican/Chiefain/Dakota

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back