Replacement seat swivel

Val54

Anybody know whether Carthago used Fiat seat swivel bases or whether there is any means of identification without removing the seat first. I need to replace the passenger one and there seem to be lots of variants out there. TIA Dave

Most can be altered to fit, i got 2 from a ford people carrier and altered to fit when building my van.

Dave, have you contacted Cathargo for advice on swivel used on your year and model of MH?

Yes Terry, i tried Southdown Motorhomes who are a main Carthago dealer but they said that the CAD drawings don’t show the seat detail. They’ve emailed Carthago for an answer, sounds expensive 🤔😀

What is the problem with it Dave, perhaps it can be fixed when removed, which will have to happen anyway, a pic may help if possible?

There may be a few different types (I've come across two personally on the Ducatos) but in essence, the bottom fits to the standard fiat seat base and the top fits to the standard fiat seat runners, so I would have though any swivel seat plate kit would do the job?
the only variation I can think of could be how they manage a raised handbrake but that doesn't factor into the passenger side.

Come across lots of different ones for the VWs Transporters, but they all had the same holes.

What is the problem with it Dave, perhaps it can be fixed when removed, which will have to happen anyway, a pic may help if possible?

I wish Terry, it turns out to be an Aguti swivel base which has a fully enclosed single fixing which controls the swivel and is non-servicable.
I'm expecting a ££££££££ quote as its German and not a stock item, none in the UK.
The problem was identified when it was in for MOT and service. The passenger seat rocks quite badly when in swivel mode, especially when fully forward or back on the frame and it is getting worse.

David, I will certainly look at an OEM replacement before lashing out £££. I had a brief look at the CTO swivel bases, the recommended Ducato version has the correct overall dimensions and the front bolt locations are spot on but the rear fixing point is different. That may be as simple as drilling a new locator hole in the CTO frame ......... but I'll need to check that out. I expect that will certainly be a lot cheaper than the Aguti replacement assuming Carthago can supply one. Aguti don't deal with private individuals so I have to go through Carthago 😡.

There are so many mounting points on the seats, adapting one or two is fairly trivial.
Similar to Trev, I fitted FORD seats with integral swivels in my LT/Sprinter and it was a simple enlargement of holes and job done and totally secure. And far cheaper than the official solution.

I wish Terry, it turns out to be an Aguti swivel base which has a fully enclosed single fixing which controls the swivel and is non-servicable.
I'm expecting a ££££££££ quote as its German and not a stock item, none in the UK.
The problem was identified when it was in for MOT and service. The passenger seat rocks quite badly when in swivel mode, especially when fully forward or back on the frame and it is getting worse.

David, I will certainly look at an OEM replacement before lashing out £££. I had a brief look at the CTO swivel bases, the recommended Ducato version has the correct overall dimensions and the front bolt locations are spot on but the rear fixing point is different. That may be as simple as drilling a new locator hole in the CTO frame ......... but I'll need to check that out. I expect that will certainly be a lot cheaper than the Aguti replacement assuming Carthago can supply one. Aguti don't deal with private individuals so I have to go through Carthago 😡.
Dull one the part can’t be serviced Dave. Fingers crossed you manage to pick up a equivalent replacement for a reasonable cost to you 🤞

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back