Replacing flexible solar panel…….

marymary

I have a Caddy maxi with a flexible solar panel and a Victron mppt panel, it says MPPT 75 1 10…..looks like the flexible has died a sorry death, came with the van, and I’d like a rigid panel to replace it, ideally so it could be attached to the roof bars on the Caddy, the wiring etc is obviously all there so apparently it shouldn’t be tooooooo big a job??? What size panel would I look for? I have an opening roof light/ventilation thing on the roof….the Caddy is well loved and well worn, an 08 model that I got for £3,500 with 318k on the clock, second engine….so don’t want to take it to a posh motorhome place and pay a fortune for them to fit it in case it all dies next month/season! It has an AGM battery, no inverter and I want it for an Alpicool 15L compressor fridge, diesel heater, light, charging phone/ipad…..IMG_5368.jpeg

Last edited:
….so basically recommendations for a rigid panel…seen someone post about diy/trade places selling off cheap….what size? Can it be attached to roof bars easily? Does the flexible one stay put once new one is there or does it need to come off, I know it won’t be attached to anything so would it be ok to leave it? And where do I look for a sort of wind deflector thingy for front of panel to help?? Thanks in anticipation…..oh and I don’t suppose anyone is getting rid of one to get a bigger one or anything??? lol

…hang on, there’s more……will that Victron panel be ok??? What size as in power input/output panel not physical will it be ok for??

thanks Jeff, so what size will it cover??

just edited to say I have an Alpicool compressor fridge too running off 12v……

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back