Returning to 3D Printing ...

May have to look at 3d printing my alloy wheel hubs as I lost one and can't locate a spare. Will they print tea plate size 😁

3D printing has changed a lot in the last 6 years.

I started off with the TINA 2 and was a great tool to learn on. As Wildebus pointed out, a limit to printing out in size, unless you're printing something that fits together !

Very pleased with my Bambu Labs P1S. Only draw-back is, large prints take 30+ hours. On a positive, I can use more than 30 different colours on a print. I've never run out of ideas to design and print.
I also have a P1S and I am very happy with it.

I also have a P1S and I am very happy with it.

As mentioned, I bought the TINA2 S Wifi model and that is described as having an "Ultra Silent Mainboard". I didn't think much of it until I also bought a 'Tina2 Upgraded' model (which is actually a cheaper model and has no Wifi) and THAT 'Tina2 Upgraded' is significantly louder and kind of painful to listen to :(
Thinking back, When I used my old printer I think I used to typically start off a print when I knew I wouldn't be in the room. That Tina2 Upgraded would be the same and I actually sent it back after around 10 minutes of running as I knew it would annoy the hell out of me - whereas the Tina2 S Wifi I hardly notice it running and the sound of a TV, music or watching Youtube will easily drown it out.

The noise level is pretty important for me as I tend to be in the room with the printer running for extended periods.
So a question .... How loud is the Bambu P1S (not sure how to quantify it? would you sit next to it, maybe?)

Back