Reversing camera, recommendations

andyjanet

Hi, I am looking for a reversing camera,
My ideas are,
Either low down on the permanent bike rack, where I can pick up a 12 volt feed from the reverse light thru the 13 pin tow bar socket, using a wifi camera onto my iPad that I use for navigation , we don’t have room for another screen on the dash area,
Or a camera mounted on the roof although this would give me a blind spot where the bikes obscure the vision

As an after thought!
I have reversing sensors fitted to rear bumper, I can make brackets to fit these to the bike rack , I might do some research into extending the wiring so it fits on the van swing and also the bike rack🤔

I found these competitive when I needed a replacement recently , very helpful people to deal with.
Ring them if needs be.
Check out their stuff and see if anything is suitable

I bought a Garmin BC40 wireless camera that automatically syncs with the Garmin 780 Camper [and Avtex rebadged version] Sat Nav, giving 'bottom of number plate' height views, including markers for nearside and offside kerbs plus 3 coloured bands for distance at [IIRC!] 2m, 1.5m and 1m, the latter giving about 30cm margin before the Bike Rack makes contact with the vehicle behind!

The camera requires 2 x AA batteries [not rechargeables] and is a push button fit, so can be detached after reversing and stored in the Driver's Door Pocket. £124.99 delivered from Germany in May 2023

Steve

About £40 of ebay many years back, can is at a downward angle 45%, i can see well behind and my t ball which is handy for hitching up the trailer.cam b.pngcam c.png

Back