Ridge Monkey

Pudsey Bear

Would the ridgemonkey make a suitable replacement for the double skillet that is no longer available?

Lunnie

I have both the original from the ladies and this recent but smaller one.. Both work fine..

debs

Had a proper look at the Ridge Monkey and I think I'll stick with my double skillet, but thanks for the info.

nabsim

We did some of those Warburtons thick crumpets in ours the other day. Toasted them more evenly than van grill and just covered in cheese then shut lid for a few seconds to melt into it. Very nice :)

mariesnowgoose

I would definitely recommend our very own Ridge Monkey, the Big W.

Also doubles up as an ace fitter of extra large solar panels :)

Trotter

We did some of those Warburtons thick crumpets in ours the other day. Toasted them more evenly than van grill and just covered in cheese then shut lid for a few seconds to melt into it. Very nice :)
Haute cuisine? Well as near as Nabsim will ever get.?

nabsim

Haute cuisine? Well as near as Nabsim will ever get.?
I have no time for fancy food Del, little designs and squiggles on a plate aren't for me, stew and dumplings and meat and potato pie will do me fine. Fanciest I get is Brie on Sea salt and black pepper Scottish Oatcakes :)

Trotter

Tried the Ridge Monkey out at home this evening. Nothing special, oven chips and a Birdseye cod fillet. Bit of a faff having to turn it over every five minutes or so. It was okay,but tba not high end eating. Did it at home cos if it ended up as a mess, other meals were available . Certainly edible,although you’ll not impress anyone with your culinary skills.
The one I bought is too big for the vans burners, will cause damage to the worktop. Not convinced yet, still trying.
Hope it can do something more than heat up a mmmmm Greggs sausage roll?

StreetSleeper

Hope it can do something more than heat up a mmmmm Greggs sausage roll?
Hello Del,
Not very convincing; fortunately, I never received one.........I got a Bluetooth amp instead and I have to say, after your assessment, I'm not too sure what size I would go for. Thinking about it now most of the videos I've seen the people are outside cooking on a single ring gas stove, as we have a four ring gas stove and not a lot of spare space for things to hang over the edges, I would have to agree that perhaps a large one is a no no. So thank you for a good valid point.

Rae

nabsim

I got the extra deep toastie one and it’s brill, but I do like toastier :)

rugbyken

i have two diablos have cooked eggs apple pies etc as well as the toastier current favourite omelettes

StreetSleeper

I got the extra deep toastie one and it’s brill, but I do like toastier :)
Trying to give up on the old toast nowadays, not sure it agrees with me: had two rounds the other day and lost both :LOL:

Rae

St3v3

Can I have a link to one (ridgemonkey) that people think is useful please? There are a few choices...

Cheers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)