Ring rscdc30

Benson

Free Member

Hi, I have a ring set up with a 100w solor panel, works fine but now and then it has power from solor panel but not charging battery, and when I start the van it doesn't switch over to charge from the van, soon as I press the buttons it starts working as it should, any help would be appreciated.

Tha ks

I had the same problem with my Ring charge controller, I think that Ring used to update any controllers sent back to them. I solved my problem by upgrading to a Sterling controller, which made a huge improvement.

Hi, I have a ring set up with a 100w solor panel, works fine but now and then it has power from solor panel but not charging battery, and when I start the van it doesn't switch over to charge from the van, soon as I press the buttons it starts working as it should, any help would be appreciated.

Tha ks
This sounds like an issue with the unit, if it is within the warranty period I would telephone them and ask them to repair it.

This sounds like an issue with the unit, if it is within the warranty period I would telephone them and ask them to repair it.
It worked well until the warranty was up, then started acting up. Now in use in the workshop as a beer mat, it works really well now.

They seem to work well as either a stand-alone b2b or solar controller, but all the problems I have heard of are only apparent when used as a dual source controller.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back